Scribers

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have both the Olfa scriber and a MAD one for fine scribing that will work for 1/87 Rick. It keeps it edge and used that to rescribe the planking on the Constipation. Easy neat and no furrows at the sides to clean up. The plastic is cut out in fine spirals. You can cut a deep trench the thickness of the blade if needed. For 1/87 just apply light pressure when cutting.

Cheers,
Richard.
Did you acquire it on line or from a particular retailer, Richard?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Did you acquire it on line or from a particular retailer, Richard?
Hi Rick, I got the MAD scriber from M Workshop when in Singapore. The proprietor kindly let me have just one from a set of three as it would have cost a bomb. Can't remember how much I paid for it but it was worth it. Takes the worries off scribing. Cuts through any plastic i have scribed hard or soft and hasn't dulled since. It just comes with the blades and you will need to get a holder separately.

Cheers,
Richard

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Mick,
6 inch nail - works every time....
As for real scribers I have one from 'The Squadron Shop' bought many moons ago and still doing great work, it eliminates the 'trench' sides you can get. Also a compass point that comes with two ends, one a short pin and the other a lethal long "Owe that hurt" end and it was part of my 'Rotring' drawing equipment, and at the time was available as a seperate item (check evilbay) inserted into the jaws of a mandrill.
Hope this helps
Mike.