Sd.kfz.7/1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent work Paul. The half track looks excellent the paintwork is really effective. Good luck with the trailer.
Cheers
Paul
Thanks Paul appreciate the kind words.
Made me run out and glue some plastic this evening as always inspirational stuff always a pleasure to delve into your builds. Dave.
Dave, You really are to kind mate.
Ooh , that's nice Paul. As usual suburb work .
Thank you John glad your looking in.

Reactions: JR

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Scottie, with the quality of modelling you've been sharing with us lately, when you posted that you were 'waiting for some rod to turn up' my mind instantly pictured you stood in front of a mini lathe turning up the rod on that! :smiling:

Nick

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie, with the quality of modelling you've been sharing with us lately, when you posted that you were 'waiting for some rod to turn up' my mind instantly pictured you stood in front of a mini lathe turning up the rod on that! :smiling:

Nick
I have looked at them I would really like a watch makers lathe.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Quick update. Assembly of the guns has continued and a bit more bling added. The magazine racks have been soldered together and fitted, the shield has also been soldered and fitted. Two metal hoops have been added from wire to the footplates.

DSCF4015.JPG

There are etch flash hiders but I will leave the plastic ones, I did thin them down but looking at the picture I need to thin them down a bit more.

cheers
Scottie

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Nice work getting the magazine rack squared up like that Scottie...

Nick

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Blimey Scottie, I’m Super impressed with you Photo-etch work, very neat :cool:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
See I'm not the only one Paul .;)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Bro,

Please don't touch the paint job, as it's fantastic and so realistic!!! Now, enough of the etch soldering noise and get working on the synchronized recoil action of the barrels so they work when firing/turning the Flakvierling on it's pedestal. You know, like the real McCoy!!!....................................................Gotcha thinking Paul, huh???...

Prost
Allen

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent work as always, Paul. Any photo etch I have done always ends up looking as though it has been through a crusher.
John.

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
Hi Scottie

I can send you the accurate drawings that came with the 3D kit if you wish. Let me know and I can ping a PM over?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
An update on the trailer. Please bare in mind that this is in no way an accurate version of the Sd.Ah. 56 but it is hopefully a little better than the incorrect trailer as included in the kit.

Right or wrong I had some fun scratching the parts required. It is 95% done just a few more things to do.

DSCF4019.JPG

DSCF4020.JPG

DSCF4021.JPG

DSCF4022.JPG

cheers
Scottie