Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I know its a while yet, but these things take time to sort out and plan-

Can I ask for suggestions for the next years Group Build subjects?

Ian M

A

andyrobs

Hi Ian, sorry if this has been done before, but how about a world war 1 group build, there's plenty of stuff available from the obvious bi-planes, to tanks ect!!!

Cheers, Andrew

M

msm2

Sc-fi,What if,modern day armour,subs and boats,buildings just a few.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
We could do a "Out of my league" GB, where as we build something that we wouldn't normally do. For me it would have to be a ship (i've gone all cold lol). I like Andrew's idea too, i fancy building a Sopwith Camel or SE5A. Tony has a good one too, "What If". What if a Sherman had reactive armor in WW2, what if the Germans did get a paper panzer to the front line.

Have fun, John

PS, i say paper panzer's because you don't have to scratch build parts lol.

N

noble

How about adding a sci-fi build to next year ian something unusual that not many do so it could be challenging, I do like the WWI idea too again not usually done by many.

scott

P

Polux

That looks like to you a year of movie, I explain... One belic: Create a scene with vehicle, tank or to create for example the "teleferic?" of " Nest of eagles " (spanish name). One of Sci-fi: Stars wars, anime... Terminator in his truck chasing the good ones... The current One: motorcycles, cars... The mini cooper in the subway like in "Italian Job". Free one: for the most romantic an American ancient van in " Madison's Bridges ". The possibilities are infinite, the fantastic slow flight of the Mustang/Spitfire (sorry Stona) on the prisoners' camp in " The empire of the Sun ", the luminous umbrellas of " Blade runner ", the relog of " Back to the future ", the prominent figures of " Lord of the Rings ".... Ufff imagine!!!

B

Boldman

Wasn't there another thread a while back with GB suggestions?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Wasn't there another thread a while back with GB suggestions?
sort of but that was aimed at SIG builds. I have a list of the suggestions in there, some of which are tagged as possible GB subjects. What I want here are wider ideas that give more creative freedom. (If you know what I mean).

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
We could do a "Out of my league" GB, where as we build something that we wouldn't normally do. For me it would have to be a ship (i've gone all cold lol). I like Andrew's idea too, i fancy building a Sopwith Camel or SE5A. Tony has a good one too, "What If". What if a Sherman had reactive armor in WW2, what if the Germans did get a paper panzer to the front line.Have fun, John

PS, i say paper panzer's because you don't have to scratch build parts lol.
Would a paper panzer not be a bit of a fire hazard?

Although "out of my league" is a good idea, I feel that there would not be a great deal of group build over it... but its doable (oh er misses).

Ian M

A

andygh

A few ideas

WWII in Asia

1960's , vehicles/aircraft

Helicopters

No guns, any unarmed military vehicle

No cammo or green, non-camouflaged vehicles/aircraft

Amphibians, vehicles at home on land & water

Artillery diorama

PS. I like the sci-fi, movie scene and WWI ideas

P

Polux

\ said:
sort of but that was aimed at SIG builds. I have a list of the suggestions in there, some of which are tagged as possible GB subjects. What I want here are wider ideas that give more creative freedom. (If you know what I mean).Ian M
Hi! Think I'm wrong. Sorry if it's not the right place and comments Ian!!

Polux

A

andyrobs

Another idea I thought of would be natural history builds, anything that lives now or is extinct.

I think there still is a good range of dino kits available, and airfix used to do a lovely range of birds.

I know this might be outside the comfort zone of most of us, but would be an interesting challenge!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good idea Andrew but it is all ready on the list.

Those Airfix birds, the feathered ones, where great, my mum used to build them.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Polux, your idea was also good. we had a film themed build this year. The only issue is finding a film every body has seen.

Ian M

First Name
Andy
Hi,

Sorry if this has been done before or if it is out of place, but, how about a tribute to our Modern Day Forces, aircraft - vehicles - troops - figures etc...

Andy...

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux, your idea was also good. we had a film themed build this year. The only issue is finding a film every body has seen.Ian M
Thanks Ian.

We sense that the Sci-fi theme is very present. A serious proposal for a scene image of 6 movies to choose among them.

Thanks again, and sorry!!

Polux

G

Greg147

Some ideas, some I might have mentioned before, but can't remember;

- Resistance - A build set around resistance fighters, rather than conventional armies. The French Underground or East European Partisans in WW2, for example, or the Vietcong or even the Taliban. So long as it centres around irregular forces.

- Lesser known conflicts - Lots of possiblities, but how about Korea? Or Chechnya? The South Ossetia conflict, or maybe the SAS operations in Oman. Something Unusual that most people won't have built before.

- Tank busters - Anything designed purely to crack open tanks; Jagdpanzers or anti-tank teams, AT cannons or dedicated ground-support aircraft like the P-47 and A-10 Thunderbolt. Lots of possiblities there.

- Israeli conflicts - With a whole history of conflicts featuring a wide variety of tanks, planes and choppers from all around the world, that wars that have taken place in and around Israel since 1948 are full of possibilities. Egyptian Spitfires, Syrian T-34s, Israeli Shermans, all the way up through history to the Gaza seige with Merkavas and the like.

Anyway, just a few. Although I do really like the 'What If?' idea that was proposed earlier. So many creative options for that one.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
How about a CRASH if not already done it could be any vehicle and will get builders to learn ways of heating/bending plastic and scratch building

B

Brickie

One thing I'm always interested in and might prove a challenge is "exported kit". Stuff being flown/driven by countries other than their origin - the more obscure the better.

You may have seen my Irish Hurricane elsewhere, I'm currently working on a BAC Lightning in the 1/100 Tamiya range which, with the option of RAF and Saudi markings, I'm of course doing Saudi.

So what about that - "Ex-Pat Kit"?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
All great suggestions, but I reckon Ian's 'Crash' idea is brilliant and the best so far, by far!

The possibilities are endless....Any era, any kit, any scale, perfect. I think it would get good support too and make a great start to 2012.

No one would need to ask our long suffering Ian any questions. Just one word title....Crash! Then he can sit back and watch the ideas and builds come flooding in.

Spot on papa 695, you have my vote, even though nothings official yet.lol

Cheers,

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.