So, I fear that the 2012 GB calender needs a bit of thought....HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brickie

I've an idea for "Crash" as well, actually, which fits nicely into my other project...

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Seeing John's 'Cuckoo' build suggests the theme for a GB/SIG of something military in the opposition colours. Anything captured and used or even just tested that carries the new captor's colours rather than whatever scheme it had originally.

Gern

PS Sorry Matt. I'd posted this before I read your very similar suggestion. Not trying to pinch your ideas. Honest!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well With the Crash, Ex-pats and cuckcoo ideas, we are now up to 24 ideas in total so I think we have a good bunch to choose from.

Shall we stick with democracy and have loads of polls to find the winners, or shall I just pick some.

I am thinking four in the SIGs. and Eight in the GB's. Still with the same time frames, six months for SIG, three for the GBs.

The SIG starting one month (or so) after the first and so on. The GBs running quarterly as now but with Two to choose from. Do one or do them both.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The list

ARTILLERY PIECE no tanks allowed!

THE FIRST JET FIGHTERS faster. Flashier, noisier

ISRAELI CONFLICTS Oj vaj

KOREAN WAR would you like MASH with that?

WWII in ASIA. Asia 30% of the Earth's land mass. Must be a suitable land battle there some where.

WWI Anything from the 'Great War'

ANIME/MANGA Keep it clean please. Tits & bums but no xxx.

NIGHT FIGHTERS new light on a dark subject.

MODERN ARMOUR The Gulf wars?

HELICOPTERS Get ya choppers out

THE PACIFIC WAR. As the name implies, if it floated on, flew over or lurked beneath the surface of The pacific Ocean this is the one!

AMPHIBIAN If it swims like a DUWK and walks like a DUWK

CIVIL AIRCRAFT, MULTI ENGINE Come fly with me…

CIVILIAN CARS nuff said

SOS any modern Air-sea rescue. Boats, planes choppers….

SPACE From Apollo to Zorg. You choose.

TANK BUSTERS big fat guns on wheels! Or Tracks! Or wings!

THE RESISTANCE Freedom fighters, resistance, rebels,

TWIN BOOMS any aircraft, mil/civ. Must have twin booms.

UNARMED ARMY Un armed army vehicles any land

WARSHIP/FAST BOATS. From the Mighty Aicraftcarrier to the humble Recue launch.

CAPTURED military hardwares on the wrong side of the fence

CRASH! any thing crashed!

EX-PAT WAR Made in England, flown by Arabs…sort of thing.

VIETNAM. A smaller version of wwii fought in the tropics. I think the only ones not there where the Germans. They were not allowed to play.

That is the list we have (so far, nothing is carved in stone. Well maybe the Space one because that has already been posted on the SIG board....:confused: )

Those I have marked in bold are those that I think are better subjects for the SIG builds. If you have other thoughts, please share them.

Once we have that sorted we can then get voting sorted out. There can only be ten choices on a single poll so some of these will have to get sorted off here. We ideally want ten SIG and Ten GB themes to work with.

Hope this is not to long a post, but they are your builds and I would like to get things sorted before Christmas. (Then you know want to ask for from the bearded one.)

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ian, just a bit of conformation please....Early days I know, but does 'WWII in Asia' cover the Pacific Islands?

Thank you,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Ron geographicly Yes, it would BUT (its that big but again) I feel that The War in the Pacific could be a theme all by is self.

So I have succeded in both answering and not answering your question in one foul swoop!!!

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ian, have you ever considered going into politics? lol!

Could 'WWII The Pacific Theater' be added to the list?

Also there is no mention of Vietnam, can I ask that that is included in the initial list too?

Thank you,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ron!

Seams like you have read the list much better than I have. I must of missed Vietnam some how. (nope just read the suggestions, no mention of Vietnam here, must be in the other thread)

I would of edited the list when I wrote post #27, but I was at work and the "boss"

I'm off to edit the list.

While I am off doing that you can all look at this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Asia_(orthographic_projection).svg The big green bit is Asia ;)

The observant will have seen that I have Classed The Pacific as a wet one. If you want a dry one, use a tissue. I mean Do the WWII in Asia.

Ian M

Status
Not open for further replies.