Somewhere in North Africa

D

dubster72

\ said:
Ok ok ok so we had some inferior armour but by god we had some bloody brave soldiers who against all the odds eventually kicked the Hun all the way back to Berlin eventually.So enough already about the crap tanks etc lets hear it for those who fought and lost their lives in these things.God bless them all
John, the historical fact of the inferiority of Allied armour in no way detracts from the bravery of those who fought in them.

Quite the contrary, as climbing into a tank that you know is out-matched by your enemy rates as one of the bravest things someone can do IMHO

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well I hope we can get back to the threads purpose and that is watching me mack a real cock up of a very good idea for a dio :D

I've now filled all the gaps on the well with filler , once dry I will paint it in a khaki brown and give it a good wash of white to make it look like it's an aged white washed well View attachment 110467

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along nicely ,the well,s turned out well and looks good, ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great Alan nice looking well and I wish for another update soon

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well ,well that looks great, ;)

First Name
Richard
Great job so far Alan,

love how the well turned out, excellent, great job, can wait to see the next update on the house

First Name
barry
Well well well, thats come out great how was the pizza

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys and gal I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

Next up is the Tilly :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've actually got a bit done on the Tilly , I just wanted to show some of the detail on this kit , I decided to put the plastic tracks on this one and not the vynal tracks , they don't fit very well but seeing as the majority of the track is covered it's not too big a problem:smiling3:View attachment 111395

image.jpg

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's why I hate indy tracks, but your's look fine from here. shame all of that work should be covered up, that's why I hate "skirts and such" on tanks I mean :rolleyes: Oh and your well came out very well:D JIm.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks good Alan,and what nice detail as well,as Jim said its a shame most is covered , ;)

First Name
Robert
Hi Alan

I just took another look at your desert theme and it's really inspiring me to build a desert of my own. I have a couple of apc in mind possibly truck stop but to collate info I may tap you for some ideas if that's ok

Regards

Robert

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That's why I hate indy tracks, but your's look fine from here. shame all of that work should be covered up, that's why I hate "skirts and such" on tanks I mean :rolleyes: Oh and your well came out very well:D JIm.
This is my first time with plastic tracks Jim and tbh their not all seperate links, around the wheels they are but have long strips top and bottom , the other side is a two mm gap in the top track but coincidentally its hidden behind the skirt so it's not a problem:smiling3:

\ said:
looks good Alan,and what nice detail as well,as Jim said its a shame most is covered , ;)
yeah it is a pain to have it all covered up and it's not like you can leave the skirts off as I don't have the figures to make it look like it's under repair, that would have been a nice touch

\ said:
Hi Alan
I just took another look at your desert theme and it's really inspiring me to build a desert of my own. I have a couple of apc in mind possibly truck stop but to collate info I may tap you for some ideas if that's ok

Regards

Robert
go for it Rob it's not that difficult some use baking soda for the sandy ground and that's fine in 1/72 but in 1/35 it's a bit too fine to look realistic enough as you don't get a variation in texture , it's best to get something and crush it up then sieve it to get a nice powder , that goes down first then and a mixture of what's left over in different places or just scattered around the board , takes a bit of work but comes out looking good :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Very nice Alan! It has a worn look without being ott - did you highlight the engine etc with drybrushing?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Very nice Alan! It has a worn look without being ott - did you highlight the engine etc with drybrushing?
Cheers Patrick , yes I did dry brush the engine section, there's an uneven surface to a lot of the surface which makes it great for dry brushing and due to the lighter colours being similar it didn't matter if I went over the edge a little bit :smiling3:

Thanks for your comment I appreciate it:smiling3:

First Name
Richard
Great job Alan really like the weathering you did here it looks very realistic, well done.

Cheers Richi