First Name
Gavin
Sweet weathering!!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real liking this one Alan,what a great job so far ,it dose look well weathered with i like, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks glad you like it , I've put the skirts on now and put a wash on once that's dry I'll do the weathering and pop some pics up :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks good Alan i do like it, ;)

P

paul 1/16th freak

\ said:
I've decided to put this in the under construction section as there will be a lot of stuff in this dio but I won't be doing under construction threads for the vehicles as they are old kits and if your into armour then there's a good chance you've built one I will however mention any horror stories that happen :smiling3:
I've decided to do a British scene this time as I've got hold of quite a bit of British equipment from the North African campaign:smiling3: first up is the very old Italieri crusader III kit from 1976 , for its age it's not a bad kit with only some minor fit issues , the tracks on this kit are the best I have ever seen and I count tracks from dragon in this , the detail is fantastic with not a seem line inside or any flash

The picsView attachment 121203View attachment 121204View attachment 121205View attachment 121206View attachment 121207View attachment 121208 weathering will be added once I know what colour the base will be

Next up is the building , it's the old airfix desert outpost , it will be filled and painted , I cut out the hatch to the roof so I could put the ladder there it seemed silly having it on the outside of the building when there is stairs already there, it's got great detail inside and out but the walls are way to thin in reality , there will be tables , chairs, sand bags , Bren guns and hopefully if I can find it in my bits box a 30 cal browning , it will also have Jerry cans from British , American and German to show the spoils of war might even throw in a MG 34 , :smiling3:

The pics View attachment 121235View attachment 121236 View attachment 121237View attachment 121238

Thanks for looking if you want to know anything just ask :smiling3:
I've got that kit I assume its the airfix 1/32nd kit,I find airfix interesting but dated check out my picture on the 1/72 nd dio I've almost completed.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
First Name
Robert
Hi Alan this is looking really well done so far , I'm really impressed with your weathering, I have a few small tubes of umbers from Windsor and Newton water colours set ( I'm still doing my armour but am womdering if they could work with mine ( they are acrylics )

Looking forward to seeing more

Robert :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hi Alan this is looking really well done so far , I'm really impressed with your weathering, I have a few small tubes of umbers from Windsor and Newton water colours set ( I'm still doing my armour but am womdering if they could work with mine ( they are acrylics )
Looking forward to seeing more

Robert :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Cheers Robert , I don't know if the water colours will work although I must admit I've never tried, mine are oils but give if it a go see it does :smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Looking great Alan paints n weathering top notch look forward to the rest of this build

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate that:smiling3:

Decals and some bits I left off so I didn't break them while weathering are now on just waiting for them to dry so I can weather them so they don't look out of place :smiling3:

Just figures and some extra equipment to go on now and it's done View attachment 111905

as you can see one of the decals tore , I don't know whether to leave it as wear and tear or paint it back on View attachment 111906

View attachment 111907

View attachment 111908

View attachment 111909

I have only just noticed that I got the camo wrong due to the awful instructions, it's not like tamiya to do bad instructions and I did struggle with some areas in them as it's not quite clear and you only find out their wrong when your into the next step
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm calling this done , I put it in a box with some crushed up kitty litter

This was a throughly enjoyable build although for tamiya it's one of the worst but that still makes it better than most

The kit goes together well enough but it's not spot on there are some areas that do take some time to get right , the skirts are one and the cupola doesn't fit you will have to file this to make it fit properly , the plastic tracks are pretty good but they don't fit 100% my advice if anyone has a crack at it is build from bottom up that way the gap in the top is covered by the skirts

Now I've always thought that tamiya instructions are amongst the best but this has a few little errors , the hatches on the cupola , it tells you to make three without actually telling you why and seeing as the first two are opposit to one another you fit them then you realise that the third one it tells you to build sold go on it and not the one you did

Paint instructions are iffy you have to be very careful you don't mix the camo up , I did in one area and it through it all out but it still looks ok and only a rivet counter would pick you up on it

Over all it's a great kit and turns out looking good with some great detail :smiling3: View attachment 111915

View attachment 111916

View attachment 111917

View attachment 111918

View attachment 111919

View attachment 111920

View attachment 111921

View attachment 111922

View attachment 111923

View attachment 111924

View attachment 111925

View attachment 111926

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Alan your done such a good job with the weathering, ;)

very nice work on the figures as well,nice detail on them and I think you

have improved so much with them,well done, :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
looks great Alan your done such a good job with the weathering, ;)
very nice work on the figures as well,nice detail on them and I think you

have improved so much with them,well done, :D
Cheers moni I'm finally getting the hang of this figure lark :D I used oils on them this time and I just need a bit more practice with knowing how much to use :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I really like how you've done the Tilly Alan, that looks really nice.

I would like to see you try the gloss coat method before your wash though, just to bring out the detail - those many many rivets for instance would pop right out!

The crew figures are great too ...although my eye keeps being drawn to his hand resting on the turret roof ;)

D

dubster72

Might I suggest that as you finish each kit in the dio, you post a separate thread in the ' completed ' section? That way everyone will see your excellent work!