monica
looks great Alan very well done, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks :smiling3:

Is it just me or are these figures too big ? View attachment 113516

Now I would have thought their knees would go under the dash ! And how do I get the steering wheel back on ?
image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
maybe some trimming ,take some off there boots and seat,and maybe ,that will bring them down a bit,

or even,cut off there feet and shorten the legs and more from there butts,

and that should help them sit lower, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
maybe some trimming ,take some off there boots and seat,and maybe ,that will bring them down a bit,
or even,cut off there feet and shorten the legs and more from there butts,

and that should help them sit lower, ;)
It would take more than just some trimming I'm afraid moni , I'd have to take the feet off completely and cut about three millimetres of the legs and bottom , I'll leave it until the end of the build and either have it parked with a couple of figures standing by it or see if I can get some figure to fit it

It's a shame as the figure would have added something extra to it

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I have decided to put the figures in the jeep even though there noticeably too big for it , I decided to add some extra bits to disguise that fact , I'll guess I'll know for sure when you see the pics

View attachment 113619

View attachment 113620

The good thing about doing desert figures is their all brown so you can use the same colour wash all over :smiling3:
image.jpg

image.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Alan,as the figures,have some paint on them,

the sizing dose not look so bad,as there blended in ,and

nice work on them as well, ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, I took a look on Google Images at pictures of jeeps in the desert and to me, your figures look fine. Some blokes look even bigger than your figures and are really legs pulled up! Keep in mind they are 'bulked up' with heavy clothing.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys , I do see now that they are probably correct , I think it was down to different makes of figures these were the first dragon figures :smiling3:

I've found my missing sprues for the italeri commando jeep I have so I'm going to do this one for the dio as well but I won't weather it so much well I hope I won't anyway :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
The italeri version , the commando car , is the European version so I've made the filter/canister that fits on the front grill, I just cut a piece off a telegraph pole and put some spare pe on it to resemble it :smiling3: View attachment 113714

image.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Some great work going on here Alan....... Filter Cannister ??? .......... and there was me thinking it was a Tea Urn ....... You learn something new every day.:confused:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Some great work going on here Alan....... Filter Cannister ??? .......... and there was me thinking it was a Tea Urn ....... You learn something new every day.:confused:
Lol is it a tea earn , I thought because of its position on the car it was a filter of some kind

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Lol is it a tea earn , I thought because of its position on the car it was a filter of some kind
I think we could have a debate on this....... I have absolutely no idea. I just thought a tea urn would be a very British thing to have. :D ....... After all, i believe the war was won on cups of tea. It had nothing at all to do with tanks, the RAF, the Navy or any of that nonsense. We just "Got a Brew On.......... In fact, come to think of it we built a Whole Damn Empire on Cups of Tea, and then Starbucks & Costa Coffee came along and it all went "Pear Shaped".

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I think we declared war on Germany at 11 in the morning so it didn't interrupt our morning tee :D

I've been doing a bit on my second jeep this is the italeri commando car and it's for the European campaign so I've made the canister which is in the above post

I've added leftover fuel/water canisters from the dragon kit and the German fuel drum set from tamiya as the ones in the kit are very basicView attachment 113823

View attachment 113824

next up is paint this and the accessories and put them on :smiling3:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've just kit chopped a driver figure, head and legs are dragon , right arm is master box U.S. marines , right arm is tamiya figure from their German motorcycle and sidecar kit and the torso is from an 8th army figure from the universal carrier kit , I had to cut some off the gators so he would sit in the seat better :smiling3: View attachment 113834

once he's all dry I'll take the seams off :smiling3: image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
I've just kit chopped a driver figure, head and legs are dragon , right arm is master box U.S. marines , right arm is tamiya figure from their German motorcycle and sidecar kit and the torso is from an 8th army figure from the universal carrier kit , I had to cut some off the gators so he would sit in the seat better :smiling3: View attachment 124907once he's all dry I'll take the seams off :smiling3:
So Frankenstein gets to ride in the jeep then!! Nice work Alan

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
So Frankenstein gets to ride in the jeep then!! Nice work Alan
Cheers mate , not so much Frankenstein more frankie Howard lol

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work on the jeep Alan,looks goods,

its always fun to play doc,Frankenstein,with the spares of figures,

he has turned out well,nicely done ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Good work with that figure. I`d never thought of doing that. Great idea.