Somewhere in North Africa

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
absolutely quality work on this epic dio the weathering and chipping on the vehicles is bang on the money and like the extra work you put into the building really pays off to make it look even better than the original will be keeping up with your work on this from now on

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well I've built the dragon jeep , it's not a good one I'm afraid and I lost faith in it so just bunged it together the way it said in the destructions so it's not spot on

I've added a few bits of my own as photos predicted , although there was a sertain theme to these additions like fuel cans and bags were tacked on wherever they would go

All it needs now is painting a couple of thompsons in the back and it's doneView attachment 113327

View attachment 113328

View attachment 113329

the position of that front grill is flush with the bonnet , the bonnet should fit over the headlights but to do that you have to file quite a bit away and I'd lost interest by this time so I just left it , the bags are modern U.S. Military issue but I figured, the're bags how different can they be lol
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Great job on the weathering of the trailers,and the crusader,is coming along very nicely as well,

well done, ;)

nice work on the jeep as well,

I do see what you mean with the gap of the hood,

but I ,think you should get away with it,

if you had not of glued it down,you could of used a tarp up by the

window to cover the glad so very little filling would of been needed, ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Great job on the weathering of the trailers,and the crusader,is coming along very nicely as well,
well done, ;)

nice work on the jeep as well,

I do see what you mean with the gap of the hood,

but I ,think you should get away with it,

if you had not of glued it down,you could of used a tarp up by the

window to cover the glad so very little filling would of been needed, ;)
Cheers moni :smiling3: , your right I could have made it work so it fitted properly but the kit is just soul destroying lol I've had to leave bits off so I could get the chassis could go on , the tyres don't match up with holes on the rear cover so the pins that hold the wheels are out of alignment, it truly is a bad kit with confusing instructions that don't even have every part included but you suddenly see the part further on in the instructions like it goes there by magic , I could put up with dodgy instructions if the kit fitted properly

I have one other dragon kit and if that's the same I shall buy no other and put it in the class of old airfix and never touch one again lol

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol,

I hope not all are like this one of yours as i do still have 2 or so dragon half-tracks,

but under all that you have manage to make it look good so well done, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I don't think all their kits are this bad moni I think it's the instructions that are not very good but I was told this was a bad kit but most have good reviews :smiling3:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

You kidding mate? The jeep looks nicely detailed. All it needs is some paint now.

John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
You kidding mate? The jeep looks nicely detailed. All it needs is some paint now.
John
Oh yeah mate you can't argue with the detail its second to none every bit it was just the build was iffy:smiling3:

I have started painting on it now so hopefully I can do a good job on that :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Jeeps coming along nicely Alan and will be a great addition. although it was a pig of a kit it's turned out great

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers mate it I can't wait to get the weathering on it and distress it but I have to let the paint cure properly

I have to put some more bits in the back , amo boxes, small arms and such , looks like a raid on the bits box :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, I've just spent a very nice bit of time going through your build thread and it makes for very good reading.

Top stuff, and it's good to read someone else is now collecting Pizza bases!

Now I can watch progress as it nicely unravels, rather than in one go.

Excellent work all round.

Ron

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ron I appreciate that :smiling3:

I've been messing around with pizza bases for about a month now , it really is a great way to do walls and stuff Im also using it to make a stargate but that's on the back burner for the moment while I build this little project :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the jeep looks good Alan and once its had the same treatment as the others will look great, ;)