'Soviet Steamroller # 4 T55

T

Tibbs

Errrr..... How could you do better?

That looks perfect to me.... Top marks.

D

dubster72

That looks really nice Jim! Dunno why you sound dissatisfied with it, I reckon its just right.

However ... I have one word for you .... CREW! :P

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
That looks really nice Jim! Dunno why you sound dissatisfied with it, I reckon its just right.
However ... I have one word for you .... CREW! :P
Thanks a bunch Patrick, Don't like fiddling wit dem little buggers:oops: besides plenty of figure work coming up in next dio;)

D

dubster72

\ said:
Thanks a bunch Patrick, Don't like fiddling wit dem little buggers:oops: besides plenty of figure work coming up in next dio;)
No-one (apart from those talented swine - curse them!) likes doing figures mate!

Aah you speak of your WWI dio? ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do like this a lot, the bears your doing Jim,are just great and this is another superb job your done,

do like how your able to go from gritty weathering to a more suttle type well done, :D

\ said:
Last one for a little bit, got to work on dio. Hope you like her, I know I can do better but for some reason I just wanted to finish this one
1st off Jim,I know what you mean and I get the same at time,cannot put it into words, ;) but some think just dose not seam right in your eyes,:rolleyes:

I see nothing wrong with it at all,but i,m a fan of your work, :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
No-one (apart from those talented swine - curse them!) likes doing figures mate!
Aah you speak of your WWI dio? ;)
Yeah, it's gonna be a doosy, got side tracked for a while {caught behind the iron curtain} but I've managed to defect so now I'm free to pursue happiness:rolleyes: Lots of figures in this dio {8} plus a few scrounged up casualties :eek: will keep everyone up to date..............Cheers jim:smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
love the T-55 they look a imposing tank and your build and weathering have done it complete justice cracking build

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I do like this a lot, the bears your doing Jim,are just great and this is another superb job your done,
do like how your able to go from gritty weathering to a more suttle type well done, :D

1st off Jim,I know what you mean and I get the same at time,cannot put it into words, ;) but some think just dose not seam right in your eyes,:rolleyes:

I see nothing wrong with it at all,but i,m a fan of your work, :D
Thank you so much Monica, you know how it is, it's all a learning curve and sometimes you just know you could have done better, they can't all be gems but I'm happy with her:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Errrr..... How could you do better?
That looks perfect to me.... Top marks.
Thanks much SI, I appreciate that:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Thank you so much Monica, you know how it is, it's all a learning curve and sometimes you just know you could have done better, they can't all be gems but I'm happy with her:smiling3:
could not agree more,and I do it a lot to my shelf,and try never to make the same mistake in my eyes,over and over, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Looks nice to me, I like the subtle finish
Thanks Dougie, yeah sometimes I have to force myself to rough them a bit for different scenarios, I dunno, I'm just weird that wayo_O

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a cracking job Jim.......... I like it matey.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
How many models do you build and think I really could have done btter only to look at them a year or two later and not see the problems you were so annoyed about. That's a great looking T55 Jim, it looks subtly dirty and used. Will look very good on a diorama.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
How many models do you build and think I really could have done btter only to look at them a year or two later and not see the problems you were so annoyed about. That's a great looking T55 Jim, it looks subtly dirty and used. Will look very good on a diorama.
Thanks Joe, I guess we all go through the same thing at times, I usually dress them up quite a bit with a lot of stowage and then sometimes I don't fell like getting too bogged down with it, all depends on mood I guess...Thanks again for your always kind words............Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
This is great Jim nice restrained finishing, I like it.
Thanks Steve, Funny, but I don't feel restrained when I'm weathering , each one comes out a bit different, I don't like overdone pieces I feel it's an attempt to hide other deficiencies, just me I guess, but who am I to judgeo_O...............Jim:smiling3: