Soviet Tank Group Build

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Been watching the numbers grow on this one Lee , even though I rarely do armour , youve got me wanting to join in , so im officially chucking my hat in the ring. Just one thing , has it got to be a tank , or can I do an armoured tracked Russian vehicle?

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Not knowing what 'group builds' are, and not sure if the one 'armoured russian' that I have would be suitable as it's not tracked?
s-l400.jpg
I'll still be watching though.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Not knowing what 'group builds' are, and not sure if the one 'armoured russian' that I have would be suitable as it's not tracked?
View attachment 442123
Lee is the final arbiter, but I'd say, it's armed, armoured & Soviet - so I reckon it could be admissible!
Dave

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Lee is the final arbiter, but I'd say, it's armed, armoured & Soviet - so I reckon it could be admissible!
Dave
Personally, I'd probably put it under 'armoured car', rather than 'tank' (even under 'light tank')

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Been watching the numbers grow on this one Lee , even though I rarely do armour , youve got me wanting to join in , so im officially chucking my hat in the ring. Just one thing , has it got to be a tank , or can I do an armoured tracked Russian vehicle?
Sorry I missed this Tony go ahead I’m flexible love to have you any scale unbuilt but if possible make it a tank

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Actually had a look at the kit last night - guess who's going to be getting aquatinted with PE? :smiling5: :dizzy:
I’ll add you to list??? Gerry let me know what your building

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Cheers lee , ebay here i come !!!
Try to make it a tank if you can thanks Tony there’s plenty out there and many are easy to build. There’s no rule on how hard or easy the Tank has to be if you feel comfortable with a easy build one go for it.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
View attachment 442123
That’s cool looking Mr.Ward is pretty spot on when it come to anything Millitary so I trust his judgement so go ahead and I’ll add you to the list

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks Dave can you tell me what that is??
It's an Aerosan - an armoured cabin on skis, powered by an aircraft engine & propeller! The Russians had several variants - obviously used in the Northern Russian winter - unique to the Soviets
NKL-26 Right_small.jpg
This was lifted from an interesting site for Russian WWII https://www.o5m6.de/redarmy/index.php which may be of interest to this GB
Dave

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That’s cool looking Mr.Ward is pretty spot on when it come to anything Millitary so I trust his judgement so go ahead and I’ll add you to the list
Thanks Lee, will have to research how to use PE - a lot of little bits to be bent up into channel fixings for the skis :surprised: :thumb2: