Stalingrad 1942.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers mate .
Still confused as what what's on this nice forum .
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all .
Stand by for some thing to make you smile , yes more work has been done on those figures.
Yesterday I did a wash coat in spirit AK oil . Well not impressed really, and nor would you be. I didn't remove it all as I should have done , so am left with a gloss like finish .

Still I left the faces clear and this afternoon I painted the faces and over painted the arms. Of course you shut one eye and try to get the depth of field:smiling3:, several times I painted the helmet, neck strap, and repainted that black, only to repaint it flesh :smiling:. I'm so used to this happening now I just carry on, of course at this rate I shall cover the detail completely.
I ended up trying to get some detail on the face, pink lips, hope it doesn't look like they are all wearing lipstick ! Tried to lighten it, so quite happy . So here is the evidence

IMG_2821.jpgX1.jpg
IMG_2827.jpgX2.jpg
Comment, jokes, abuse , what ever,.
Thanks for looking in. Later I ordered some washes from the shop , going to try the acrylic as I post earlier.
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

The figures are looking great John - they'll look fine on the dio. I think you're being too self critical (and this is me talking!).

Peter.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Ha in the nicest way. :hugging-face:
Can't help it can we. I need to spend more time on figures, but like many of us we shy away from them and I would rather construct buildings and dios.
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
J

Jim Barry

I just learned of this Goliath/Ketten pairing the other day. Good to see it deployed!

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A’noon John,
Figures look absolutely fine to me....not sure about the surf boards they’re on though :smiling5:
Don’t forget the 2 foot rule....if they look ok from that distance, then don’t pull your hair out!

If you want to you can always airbrush a matt varnish coat to remove the shine?
Keep it coming
Si

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Si.
I was hoping someone would say that. Yes from a distance they do look ok. .I' ve just stood at the top of the garden they look even better from there. :smiling:
John .
Off now to cook the meal , you know how it is .

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John,
Once matt varnished they will look fine especially with a bit of rubble dust, what's for tea ? if its better than whats on offer here I'll be round.:smiling3:
all the best Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Jim .
Tea tonight is Salmon fish cakes with some finely chopped spring onion. Home made of course, with slight weathering. !
John .

B

Brad9826

Better than mine John, anyway going to distract you and talk about... Yes bricks... Now aren't you feeling better...
What I call engineering bricks, same size as a normal house brick, but with two holes in, are they right for ww2 buildings ie factories , and is the size right also.
Don't you feel good now:thumb2::smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Figures are fine and just need a matt coat.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brad .
Much better.
Don't think anyone likes bricks ! So we will carry on .
Not quite sure when the two hole red brick you mentioned first appeared don't think it was around before the war. Most brick then appeared to be solid . I've looked on the net, but very little about those brick .As for sizes the imperial brick is 225 x 110 x 65 and up to 70 and 80 in the north of England . The modern metric brick is smaller at 215 x 100 x 65 mm .
HTH
John .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John, figgies are fine...just need some dulling. I did try the one eye'd thing and completely made a mess. I have even more respect with what you have done.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Daniel Horvath

John figures look absolutely fine ! Can’t wait to see it placed on the dio! Regards Danny

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Afternoon SM Plastic lovers. ( don't think I will use that term again ) :rolling:
Brad ..... Your welcome.... I shall be looking out for post !
Richard .... Good for you, and thank you. Going to tidy up the odd bits of paint and spray with some AK Ultra Mat, the varnish coat as being recommend by Si.
Danny ...... Cheers mate , not to your superb standard unfortunately.. might be a bit better when I add Bobby's and my recent arrival and spend a few more hrs painting.
Think it might be ok to post here, as they are part of the dio, If not Ron I can move them .

Post came this morning, first Jiffy Bag.... .CD from Paul Richardson containing all my albums. So Paul thank you. Top man .:thumb2:

In the second from Evilbay :confused:
Checked on Scalemates first brought out in 1988 and no changes noted on tooling. So will be interesting to see how they fair.

Box front IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG
Plenty of action poses here. and for those that just love a spru shot.
IMG_2842.JPGIMG_2842.JPG

Thanks for looking in .
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Action poses are great. I personally think that figures add so much to a dio and yours needs a population.
Jim