Summer 2010 Group Build 'Cross of Iron'

C

Cov1

Oh I certainly will Ron, hope we all do.

Its more relaxing now doing this stuff than what it used to be when I was younger. (except when the carpet monster eats my parts LOL)

All the best

Ade

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
I'm really looking forward to the next GB, i've got a great idea for one of my builds and it involves another aircraft only this time it's 1:72 scale. It's all Tony's fault, when i seen his Yak i just had to get a Russian aircraft. So i got the IL-2 Sturmovik, cheers Tony lol.
cant wait john,tell me ,which kit did you get? tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
cant wait john,tell me ,which kit did you get? tony
It be Airfix, detail is not bad but one of the blades is a little bent. Here is the list for the fist dio, Pegasus Hobbies 1/72 Gothic City Ruins, Airfix IL-2 Sturmovik and a few figures. The Sturmovik will not be crashed, now thats got you thinking lol. It's just to get me started before i get cracked on with something in 1:35 scale.

Have fun, John

B

bikerbart

Blinking eck...this is worse than waiting for Christmas day to arrive as a kid !!!!!! Still 10 days to go before the Eastern Front summer build begins. Well i cant contain the excitement any longer so i have choosen my kits to build and they are pictured below. I really love this 1/48th scale and Tamiya are making some cracking kits. Just gotta send off for em later today, then await the big day before the build can begin...agggggghhhhhh, come on July :praying:

View attachment 16374View attachment 16375

View attachment 24512

View attachment 24513

TM32521[1].jpg

package[1].jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Can't go far wrong with these Martin, they're great kits and i think the figures are ICM figures under Tamyia's name (but don't quote me though lol). Any problems, just ask because it the only scale i work in (for now) and i think Graham is liking the scale now too.

Have fun, John

B

bikerbart

\ said:
Can't go far wrong with these Martin, they're great kits and i think the figures are ICM figures under Tamyia's name (but don't quote me though lol). Any problems, just ask because it the only scale i work in (for now) and i think Graham is liking the scale now too.Have fun, John
Nice one John, icm do make some wonderful figures and as you say i reckon these could well be theirs under the tamiya name. This 1/48 is just brilliant, still keeps the amazing detail and there is more and more stuff becoming available. May well be calling upon your knowledge during the build when it starts, regards Martin :smiling:

F

Fenlander

Well, at least we are sharing the T34 Martin, I am doing one for my dio as well. Quite like that box of figures, not sure if they are Tamiya or ICM. One of the other vehicles I have, a Gaz, also has figures with it but it clearly states on the box that they are ICM, basically the same ones as they do with one of the pilot and officer sets, these are the officers with the ground crew looking very much like German ground crew I used on my FW190 build but with a Maxim machine gun. The black overalls do not look very much Russian troops to me. It doesn't matter though as it was the officer figures I wanted.. The T34 looks a really nice kit.

B

bikerbart

\ said:
Well, at least we are sharing the T34 Martin, I am doing one for my dio as well. Quite like that box of figures, not sure if they are Tamiya or ICM. One of the other vehicles I have, a Gaz, also has figures with it but it clearly states on the box that they are ICM, basically the same ones as they do with one of the pilot and officer sets, these are the officers with the ground crew looking very much like German ground crew I used on my FW190 build but with a Maxim machine gun. The black overalls do not look very much Russian troops to me. It doesn't matter though as it was the officer figures I wanted.. The T34 looks a really nice kit.
Brilliant Graham, so glad your doing the T34. I looked at other stuff inc planes etc but i just kept getting drawn back to thr T34 and the figures seemed to match up perfectly. I looked at the Gaz and was very tempted (may still be) i can see the two going well as a dio. You doing 1/48th ? I do like this scale i have to say.

Will be great to see how we build the same subject and our perspective on it...getting blinking exciting now mate :smiling:

F

Fenlander

Well, a touch of irony. Had I known this before I may have called an early start to the GB. Today, June 22, is the anniversary of the start of Operation Barbarossa, June 22 1941. Would have made a fitting start to the GB, never mind. It is also the anniversary of the French surrender in 1940 and the second abdication of Napoleon in 1815 after the Battle of Waterloo. Don't you just love history????

10 days to go, if you have your kits you could while away an hour or so doing your box art and sprue shots.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Is it just your calendar that's a month fast then Graham? lol

Gern

F

Fenlander

Don't know what you mean Dave :busted_red: (thank god for the edit button.... yes, I did put July 22 in twice.....) Not my calendar Dave, just my brain not working.......

B

bikerbart

Yeahhhhhhh kits arrived today for the summer build....will get the camera out to get some pics of the sprues and box art later.

Graham...do we put the pics of sprues and box art on the under construction section or on this, the chat section? Also when can we put the pics up of the sprues and art....is it on the 1st July, or can we do that before......arggggghhhhh i cant take this excitement.....bring it on lol :smiling:

F

Fenlander

Calm down dear, it's only a model.... Yes you do put your sprue and box art pics in your own 'Under construction' thread as the first post. No need to go mad, just a general view of the bits so people can get an idea of what the kit is like. If you have more than one subject going on the same base as designed from the start of your build, put them all together. If you decide to do another build later, start it as a new thread with the box art and sprues shots. Small additions later on to a scene do not have to be regarded as new kits, just bung them in at some point in your thread.

No entries prior to the 1st July but it is not a race, you can start at any time after 1st July so long as you give yourself reasonable time to complete. Remember that there will still be other things going on within the forum so please continue to support all none GB activity to.

A

andygh

Sorry to be a bit thick but is the idea to build a diorama or is a standalone kit OK?

F

Fenlander

Nooo, a standalone kit is fine. Not everyone will want to build a dio. All that matters is that what you build is representative of the WWII Eastern front. It could be aircraft, tank, lorry, boat or even a single figure so long as it is of the period. Hope you join in Andy, any questions just post them here.

F

Fenlander

OK, you can post your Box art and sprues in your build thread for Cross of Iron, the Scale Models Summer 2010 Group build. No construction to begin before the 1st July but you can now set up your thread and post your plans for what you are going to build. remember to include your name in your thread so that it is easy to find for anyone following your progress.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
OK, you can post your Box art and sprues in your build thread for Cross of Iron, the Scale Models Summer 2101 Group build.
Can we get the 2010 one out of the way first :cool2: