Summer 2010 Group Build 'Cross of Iron'

B

bikerbart

Its all got to much for Graham....he is light years ahead of the rest of us lol :smiling:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
If you don't mind Graham, I'll give the 2101 G.B. a miss.....I will probably be elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

F

Fenlander

Ha, ha, ha...... Look, it's hot OK ...... AND someone nicked me kit out the shop, I am stressed........

N

noble

Hi graham sorry to hear about your kit the dirty rotters lol, i don't know if i will be taking part in this group build this time i have an idea but not sure if it will be workable so i don't know. If it works i will be calling it Straffing run two russian stormoviks attacking german groud troops and armour. So i will have a little more planning to do before iknow.

scott

F

Fenlander

Sounds a great idea scot and a chance to try forced perspective with 1:48 aircraft over 1:72 armour. Sounds like a plan to me and you do have four months this time so give it some though, I think it is workable.

N

noble

I must admit i was thinking 1/48 over 1/48 as the aircraft are going to be set at low level do you think this would work? However i do like the forced perspective idea as well i welcome any imput you have or possible pic. I think i will have to play with the idea more though.

thanks

scott

F

Fenlander

It would work either way Scott. Don't rush the idea, let it brew for a bit. I am sure that ideas will come. Think about the aesthetics first and the technical can be sorted out later. That is what I keep telling myself anyway lol.

N

noble

Cheers for the assist graham i might do this one now, speaking of folks nicking kits my lovely wife carrie has just nicked my 1/35 tamiya panzerIII for this GB......... how cheeky is that i ask you.

scott

F

Fenlander

Ha... now you know how I feel.... At least you know who nicked it lol

Nice one Carrie, nice choice of kit.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Well i'm disappointed with the Airfix IL-2 Sturmovik (1:72 scale), had a quick look when i got it and never thought about it until now. On closer inspection it has no cockpit and more sink marks that you can shake a stick at, so it looks like a re-think. My GB is off to a good start (not).

John

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Hello all! I burned out a little on the plastic and switched to model rocketry-"What the hell was I thinking"? Bf109's, Panzers ect........ Count me in with the new Zveda BF109 F2!!!!!!! I'll start posting a few pics today when I start to wash the parts. Yes, it will be a busy summer, especially with my very active two year old but I work great with groups and even better with a deadline. And its going to be our 4th of July celebration which is weird because this is a UK based forum with russian and German subjects:twisted:..... OK, Jeff out.

F

Fenlander

Don't worry about the 4th July thing Jeff, we threw the game just so you could keep it and invent Souther Fried Chicken and proper Hamburgers. If we want it back we will come and take it :laughing:

Glad you have decided to have a go at the GB, you are most welcome. Any questions just shout up.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
HA! Hope you like oil......

So Graham, just start a thread under the under construction build then?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Well i'm disappointed with the Airfix IL-2 Sturmovik (1:72 scale), had a quick look when i got it and never thought about it until now. On closer inspection it has no cockpit and more sink marks that you can shake a stick at, so it looks like a re-think. My GB is off to a good start (not).John
John dont despair yet, try getting hold of a couple of the 1/72 eduard il2's theyre excellent! I can vouch for their superb fit and detail. Try LSA models ,they still have some, hope this might be useful,cheers tony p.s. forgot to mention, theyre only about £4.50 too so grab a couple quick!!

F

Fenlander

So Graham, just start a thread under the under construction build then?
Lol, yep just start a thread with your name in the title to keep it easy for people following your build to find it E.G. "Jeffs march to Berlin" First posts should be the box art and sprues so people get an idea of the kits and bits you are using.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
John dont despair yet, try getting hold of a couple of the 1/72 eduard il2's theyre excellent! I can vouch for their superb fit and detail. Try LSA models ,they still have some, hope this might be useful,cheers tony p.s. forgot to mention, theyre only about £4.50 too so grab a couple quick!!
Thanks Tony, i'm thinking of leaving that for now and going back to what i know lol, armour is calling me. So i'll get the Eduard IL-2 as i still want to use the idea i have and after seeing Graham's great Marder III i'm going to build the Italeri 1/35 Sd Kfz 139 Marder III i have in my stash. I want to try the techniques i learnt on my KV-1 on something bigger. Will post of the Italeri kit tomorrow.

Thanks again, John