Sunken wreck

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking great there Alan, the colouring looks much better with more muted tones. The damage looks good too. I like this very much and look forward to seeing more as this develops.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Si I'm defiantly changing the base though , cardboard doesn't work with pva lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers Si I'm defiantly changing the base though , cardboard doesn't work with pva lol
LOL, yep, I see you found out the hard way too...so did I. Bend, slop, drop. Do you know something, I reckon that when this is boarded properly and finished off it could very well knock spots of my Bismarck and U-boat wreck. I mean that too.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
LOL, yep, I see you found out the hard way too...so did I. Bend, slop, drop. Do you know something, I reckon that when this is boarded properly and finished off it could very well knock spots of my Bismarck and U-boat wreck. I mean that too.Si:smiling3:
Get out ! mate that sub was fantastic I tell ya mate you want to see if you sell them to people with tropical fish have you seen the price some of those sunken wrecks go for ! You could make a fare few pennies with what you produce :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Get out ! mate that sub was fantastic I tell ya mate you want to see if you sell them to people with tropical fish have you seen the price some of those sunken wrecks go for ! You could make a fare few pennies with what you produce :smiling3:
Why thank you kind sir, appreciate it. I have had a few folk wanting me to make them for fish tanks, but they don't want to know when I tell them it will cost them £50+. They seem to forget that as well as buying the model and my time in making the thing I have to use non-toxic glues, paints and sealant...if not we get fish going belly-up...once the price is told they look at me as if I am daft.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Why thank you kind sir, appreciate it. I have had a few folk wanting me to make them for fish tanks, but they don't want to know when I tell them it will cost them £50+. They seem to forget that as well as buying the model and my time in making the thing I have to use non-toxic glues, paints and sealant...if not we get fish going belly-up...once the price is told they look at me as if I am daft.Si:smiling3:
That's the problem with people today they don't factors in the labour and cost of things but what they should think about is how much cheeper it is to have something unique and what is basically a one off , if they went to a company and asked for the same thing it would cost double the price

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That's the problem with people today they don't factors in the labour and cost of things but what they should think about is how much cheeper it is to have something unique and what is basically a one off , if they went to a company and asked for the same thing it would cost double the price
And the rest mate, but, that's up to them, stopped faffing around after them The commission build on the Sub seems to have gone off the boil, not that I am bothered at the moment as I am struggling.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
And the rest mate, but, that's up to them, stopped faffing around after them The commission build on the Sub seems to have gone off the boil, not that I am bothered at the moment as I am struggling.Si:smiling3:
Sorry to hear that mate both the commission and your difficulties , you just take your time and I'm sure what ever you produce will be great

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers mate , he is a great mentor that's what I like about this site there is always some one around to help you out :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
he is a great mentor
Give over...you'll be making me blush. The hard work is all you, all I have done is just given you how I did mine.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Give over...you'll be making me blush. The hard work is all you, all I have done is just given you how I did mine.Si:smiling3:
There's an old saying ! He who does not seek greatness shall have greatness thrust upon thee, well I think it was power but you get what I mean lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
There's an old saying ! He who does not seek greatness shall have greatness thrust upon thee, well I think it was power but you get what I mean lol
Lol, I do know what you mean, now kneel before your master...er, mentor... ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Can I ask, what did you use to cover the model in?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Lol, I do know what you mean, now kneel before your master...er, mentor... ;) Si:smiling3:
I didn't think that floated your boat Si ! Hahaha

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I didn't think that floated your boat Si ! Hahaha
Just lost it for a moment, the power...THE POWER! Great we all share info and can have a laugh at the same time...love this site.

Last edited by a moderator: