\ said:
Thanks polux I have loads of ideas for this once I sort out the base
Yeah...care to share?

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've been on resurch duty these past few days and not only sunken ships but coral , sea beds and even submersibles , one idea have is scratch building a submersible but putting an led light in it :smiling3: the others depend on feasibility and whether it's doable so you'll just have to wait :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I've been on resurch duty these past few days and not only sunken ships but coral , sea beds and even submersibles , one idea have is scratch building a submersible but putting an led light in it :smiling3: the others depend on feasibility and whether it's doable so you'll just have to wait :smiling3:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....sounds intriguing.

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Ever since I saw eddiesolos(Si) submarine wreck I thought I'd have a crack at one :smiling3: This is the early stages so far the kit is of KGV but seeing as she survived the war I have tuned it into HMS Prince of Wales

Si has been helping me out with colouring View attachment 70334View attachment 70335View attachment 70336View attachment 70337
I can just imagine I'm in a deep sea submersible looking out at this, try looking down a toilet roll tube and you will sea what I mean.

Gregg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You know Gregg you right :smiling3: I have just tried it and can see thaw you mean :smiling3:

Cheers

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks good, forget the submersible, trust me, you will never get one to scale or even enough to scale to look right against the scale of the ship, I know I tried one for the Bismarck wreck. Even scratched built one ans it looked just so bad. But, what you could do is build a camera and light sled, like Argo, just make it out of wire for a frame and add some spare plastic bits that look like battery housings and camera and lights.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks good, forget the submersible, trust me, you will never get one to scale or even enough to scale to look right against the scale of the ship, I know I tried one for the Bismarck wreck. Even scratched built one ans it looked just so bad. But, what you could do is build a camera and light sled, like Argo, just make it out of wire for a frame and add some spare plastic bits that look like battery housings and camera and lights.Si:smiling3:
Mm you might be right there Si it maybe too small to give it that little bit extra

I wonder off I could get a 1:400 scale submarine and have it going past the wreck like it was on patrol or maneuvers

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Mm you might be right there Si it maybe too small to give it that little bit extraI wonder off I could get a 1:400 scale submarine and have it going past the wreck like it was on patrol or maneuvers
This is the cheapest sort of sub that scale on Fleabay. The rest are uboats and the like, not really suitable. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EE40007-Eastern-Express-1-400-Submarine-project-877-Kilo-/190801407036?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item2c6ca66c3c You could modify that by hacking bits off and adding some wire work and then a AAA battery powering some white LEDs.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
This is the cheapest sort of sub that scale on Fleabay. The rest are uboats and the like, not really suitable. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EE40007-Eastern-Express-1-400-Submarine-project-877-Kilo-/190801407036?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item2c6ca66c3c You could modify that by hacking bits off and adding some wire work and then a AAA battery powering some white LEDs.Si:smiling3:
Cheers Si and not a bad price either even if it didn't look right or was a bad kit it would make a great broken up wreck with some of the interior showing

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers Si and not a bad price either even if it didn't look right or was a bad kit it would make a great broken up wreck with some of the interior showing
No probs mate, thought you maybe able do something with it.