Superglue question

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I put a scrap of masking tape in the corner of my cutting mat and use that.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I have an old empty Tamiya paint jar, superglue goes on the upside down (glass) end. After a month or two the resulting disk of dried glue pops straight off.

Been using Bob Smith Industries for a while now, I particularly like the Gold variant which can be used on clear parts without causing any fogging.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Once it doesn’t dispense glue, take the tube out of the holder and you’ll find there is about 1g remaining that can still be used.
That’s exactly what I did last month. Though I had to cut apart the holder to get to that point, but I’m sure there’s a better way I haven’t discovered yet :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That bit I had also worked out, but the tube seems to be held in the grey bit with some kind of snap ring around the neck of the tube. I ended up sawing the grey bit apart to get the tube out.

Or, of course, I could have left the tube in the grey bit and just squeeze it with my fingers instead of with the push-in grips, I suppose :smiling3:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I’ve recently purchased the Ammo Ultra Glue and I’m having a huge amount of success with it. It’s easily applied and easily removed because of its acrylic base.

Attachments

• 451310BF-0538-40DE-A8CF-B4E764B3DC0A.jpeg
    451310BF-0538-40DE-A8CF-B4E764B3DC0A.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 5

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'm another that dispenses a bit onto a cap. I save the green tops from milk cartons. We get through so much milk I'm considering buying our own cow!

Is there room next to your workbench for a cow? Even if there is, where you gonna put the superglue?

Probably best to stick (See what I did there?) to bottletops.

Sprue42

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ralph
Thanks guys, very helpful. It looks like my best bet is to just buy some modern CA and see if I like it. As you all seem to be saying that personal choice is the driving force behind brand decision. Dispensing a small amount on to a non porous surface and applying it from there using some kind of applicator is exactly the sort of thing I had missed, but makes perfect sense.

Thanks Guys.

BTW, I too do not have room for a cow in my planned workspace...

Ralph.