supermarie spitfire dio

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking at it i would say you need to extend it by at least 4 more boards to fit it in when the wheels are on other than that like Gav says it looks good like that

W

wellsyman

I will get on with the plane and see how it looks cheers steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here's my method,easy in this scale.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes-helicopters/10208-tamiyas-1-32-spitfireix-9.html

Cheers

Steve

W

wellsyman

thanks stona blue tack sausages covered with Masking tape not a bad idea no what a brill idea thank :smiling3: cheers steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I can't take credit for the idea,in one form or another it's been around for years!

A couple of tips. Make sure your hands are clean as the Blu-Tac wil transfer muckiness to the model. Spray the light colour (Ocean Grey) first and remember when you lay out the 'sausages that they are covering that i.e. the sausage is part of the grey. The outer edge of the sausage is the edge of the Dark Green. It's surprising how often people get the grey areas too big and the green too small.

Cheers

Steve

W

wellsyman

Grr I hate this kit lads well done for getting it finished going too try one more time

W

wellsyman

Well got it together in the end will put some pics on tomorrow cheers steven

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi

Firstly give yourself some credit it's looking good. Engine is very realistic I like the exhaust stacks. Camo is coming on and I like the machine gun detail. Keep up the good work.

Vaughan

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It may be an hard kit but it looks like your getting the better of it to me. Keep up the good work its turning out to be a good diorama