T34/85 Tank in a village 1/35 Scale

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, you survived the double jab then.
(J/R QOUTE)
NO John felt terribble the day after an i think i got the flu as its been hell all wk gonn try an get into docs this morn
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi JR.....wow things are moving right along. I just don't know how a Barber could make a living in "Rooskie" Land, All them "dudes" are a bunch of "Eggheads"!! :tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out::smiling2:;)
Rick H.
Rick there are several types of Russian heads from Hornet, some with hats, some tankers, and these guys bald, as Paul has rightly said keep the lice away. Remember they had to had it cut off , so the barber was busy:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

Think lice. I have noticed some makers' offerings look like close cousins.
I suppose there's only so many permutations of an head you can do if your trying to model a bald headed man from Russia !

I approve, John
If they pass for you that's good enough for me Neil, thanks.:thumb2:

I’m in John seated by Tim. Seems safe here I think??????
Yes you'll be quite safe next to Tim, Lee, however if you see Rick make a break for it then Matron has entered the building.:smiling:

I guess it runs in the family!
Rick think your right:smiling3:
Hi Chris, you survived the double jab then.
(J/R QOUTE)
NO John felt terribble the day after an i think i got the flu as its been hell all wk gonn try an get into docs this morn
chris
I've informed Matron and she is on her way .Hope you feel better soon Chris.

Hiya Chris, yeah I survived the double jab...Just..lol
Good to know.

Afternoon , having just returned from meeting one of Matrons many nurses I've had my booster jab.I may be back feeling good or worse late.
Until then I look at the Hobby Boss Figures that I used, one of them is so tall he could never have fitted into a T34, so EMERGENCY surgery was performed and I've taken some hight off his legs. When the dressing's are taken off I will post a photo.
Also started on the villagers, think there are 3 that will do .

More later.
Dzhon

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
There may be a bit of a disturbance as I elbow my way to the front. I'm looking forward to seeing whet you do with Steve's excellent build.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pulling up a chair. Better late than never. Lovely T-34, and look forward to seeing this progress.
Hi Dale , welcome .

Looks an interesting project John, I'm in!

Nice to see you Graeme, find a seat please.

John,
There may be a bit of a disturbance as I elbow my way to the front. I'm looking forward to seeing whet you do with Steve's excellent build.

Hi mate , grab a seat .

Well had the jab , seemed ok till I developed a real blinder of a headache so went to bed and slept the whole afternoon until around 1800.
Headache gone arm feels a lot sorer then the other two times. Glue one villager to get her this evening and came back to bed .
Hopefully more tomorrow.
Thanks for looking in .
Dzhon.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening , good morning , afternoon Modelers where ever you are.

As I have ordered some Deluxe filler I've cracked on with the figures.
The Dragon set has great detail esp the hands , not looked at the heads yet, they are still on the sprue. Not much in the seam line either , just in the normal places, but easy to clean off.
I've continued doing the MB set as well , here I've found the detail on the faces is really top notch along with the hands and arms.The least said about the Hobby Boss the better.:disappointed2:

2021.jpg
You might be able to see the Hobby Boss to the left, I removed 5mm on leg, looks a lot better for it. He had to be stuck down with blue tac, hence the snake near his legs.
There's an old man sitting that could be used as well as a young girl that is still being glued The total would then be 13, along with it being an odd number I think it helps balance the number of troops / villagers.

Definitely going to up my figure painting for this. :anguished::worried::upside:

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome and advice gratefully received ( No Bob don't even think about doing it in grey ):smiling3:

Dzhon.

Attachments

• 2021_2.jpg
    2021_2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I hope you get on with the Deluxe filler. I find it good stuff.
Great to see so many figures. Not easy but improve the realism of a dio immensely.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Poses look good John.
Thanks Tim, good job I've got this photo then to set them up after painting :smiling3:

Sorry ...l'm late...chair pulled..with pizza and beer...

Hi Greg, no worries working on that ship must keep you busy .

Hi John
I hope you get on with the Deluxe filler. I find it good stuff.
Great to see so many figures. Not easy but improve the realism of a dio immensely.
Jim
Jim first thoughts on the filler are good ones. Having played about a little with mixes I've been using the syringe kit. Tried the largest needle, too large for small gaps so ended up with the smallest. Said 2 on the carton but I've 3 different sizes . Using a damp cotton bud been able to fill the smallest of gaps . The only down side is the cleaning, the syringes and needles but having 13 figures needing some filler in differing amounts it was worth making up a mix and used it all. Having cleaned the kit thoroughly it's now in its box Glad you and Dave recommended it .
Breakfast of champions, warm beer & cold pizza. Tank riders are very cool & should be in all late war Russian armor scenes mounted or dismounted.
Totally agree Paul .

No photos as not needed tonight, but I reduced the Hornet heads, they started to look as if they were from some odd tribe of egg headed Russians, so out with the blade and sanding sticks, you can see tomorrow.

All figures completed re filling, with stuck on old golf tees or had a wire in the foot .
To night I cut up the last of my Balsa stock , hope there just enough for the farm building .Have been researching today for photos and styles .
Hopefully more tomorrow and some photos .
Thanks for following .
Canon .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A memory of stepping over sleeping bodies looking for large cigarette butts in ashtrays while munching cold pizza & swilling unfinished warm beers upon awakening after a night of festivities. Ahhh.... those salad days......how did I survive them?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Stepping over those drunken members from the colonies and one wandering around with a cold pizza I set too making up the farmhouse.
This time instead of form board I decided as none was going to be seen and no bricks I'd use some cardboard and stick the timbers to it .
These sections are doubled up just to thicken it up, once the timbers are glued on it will gain it's strength.

IMG_20211121_153446902.jpgIMG_20211121_153440336_HDR.jpg

Those Hornet head now look to me more presentable and don't have that alien head.

IMG_20211121_153756804_HDR.jpgIMG_20211121_153616205_HDR.jpg

While the glued card dries off I sanded the first of the wall timbers , just removing the square edges.
I'll have to wear a mask for the rest as too fine a dust coming off them
Once the card is dry I can glue the shaped and sanded timbers on and put the doors and windows in .
Many Russian peasant homes were very basic, some even had to their animals sleeping in with the people so you can imagine to insides were not pleasant.
The rest of my the figures are waiting for a final clean before painting .

IMG_20211121_155708844_HDR.jpg

Quite a gathering, so will definitely have to improve my painting skills for this .

Thanks for looking in
Dzhon .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks for watching your step. Figs are looking excellent. Looking forward to the new construction method.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Walls from cardboard - the Ron school of frugal modelling is rubbing off on you.
There is no doubt that the Hornet heads really improve mediocre plastic figures.
Jim