T34/85 Tank in a village 1/35 Scale

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks a nice selection of figures John, be interesting to see how the new construction method works out.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks for watching your step. Figs are looking excellent. Looking forward to the new construction method.
Thanks Paul.

John,
The heads look a lot better. Bring on thè building.
Cheers Paul., I'd hate to tread on either of you !

Hi John
Walls from cardboard - the Ron school of frugal modelling is rubbing off on you.
There is no doubt that the Hornet heads really improve mediocre plastic figures.
Jim
Jim , it must be, as the walls aren't going to need any scribing decided that could well use the cardboard, however I draw the line at old pizza bases !
Those Hornet heads are stunning in detail, but have to say that the old lady from the the MB kit is good, just not as sharp as the resin. Think if I'd had more I'd have liked to change all the soldiers.

Figures are looking great , John. You're really getting to grips with them now
Thank you for that Neil, I've been watching some U Tube videos and hope to use some of the methods used on there. Was pleased to see on the one I was most interested in that he used the Lifecolour flesh set as well as Vallejo
Looks a nice selection of figures John, be interesting to see how the new construction method works out.
Hope so too Graeme, thanks for looking in .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Had a good day, trip to the local recycling station with more concrete base remains, then back to the bench.

Cut some more logs up and started to glue them on the end wall.

Found on the net Russian wooden building methods so have used these.

2021_2.jpg

Interesting for a wood worker to see how the opening was made by cutting back the logs on the window side. 570 please not, your thoughts please.
Tomorrow hope to start on the front face.

Thanks for following.

Dzhon

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good afternoon after a morning of removing leaves from under the the netted pond(I think they lift up the net and sneak under) and a sweeping of the grounds Ive come into the warm.
Good progress has been made during the week on the buildings.
2021_5.jpg2021_7.jpg2021_4.jpg2021_3TURNED.jpg
More to follow, hope your all keeping warm and dry.
Thanks for looking in, comments and abuse welcome.

Dzhon.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It’s looking good John.
Thanks Tim, spent more time researching this than most of the other buildings because this style is hundred of years old. Proves that someone got it right and it worked .

Nice roofing technique there JR..........you might PM 570 and ask if he needs your leftovers to repair his errant shed roof! ;) :thumb2: Rick H.

Well I could Rick , but think it would be cruel to rub it in . I have heard that he has sent for those Nigerian chaps that he knows !

Looking very good John.
Jim
Thanks Jim, straw roof has been started on the smaller building , the larger one will have a timber roof. Hopefully starting that tomorrow.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's what worries me JR...........If Idu and the "boys" show up, no telling what will happen! :tongue-out3: ;)
Doesn't bare thinking about does it Rick . There'll be no lead on the nearest church building for a start !:smiling3:
Did you enjoy Thanks Giving Day ? .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No lead on the Churches and not a drop left at the "Clacker"!! Still feeling the after effects of Turkey Day, (around the waistline) but I should be back in the groove in another few weeks once we've got past Christmas and New Years. I just cant say no to all those sweets, cakes and cookies. Did I hear right, that you are going to put a "straw" roof on one of your buildings? What are you using for the straw material?
Looking forward to the results of that effort.
Cheers, Rick H.

• Haha

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Mr. Race an' Mr. Rick, Ouw is you boat?

Dis am grate to read dat you remember me an' de boys!

Mr. Race, I steel ab de led from de chorch roof if yoo waant eet. You am doin' a crakin' job on dat aoos, dat' am foor shooa...

Mr. Rick, I am rittin dis on de top ob Mr. Ron's rekd roof. Ee am not aboot at de minit, so I'm taakin a breeak an' chewin a 'art tak bikky dat ee am lettin me chew. Man, ee am al art!

Onyway, mus get baak to de graftin'

Lots ob lov.

Idu

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

Sorry for the late response, ironically I find it's time for the forum at the weekend than I do during the week.

I've got to say that cottage is looking truly splendiferous already!!! Very well done.

Andrew