T34 / 85

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Scott,

That is a superb build ........... The weathering and beaten down effect you've achieved is really first class. :score: from me.

I have one tiny comment........and it's a mistake I made a few times before it was pointed out to me.......... The Red Decals. They look all new and not dulled down and weathered like the rest of the superb job you've done......... Hope you don't mind my comment.

Peter

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
very nice indeed.....i take it you used the hair spray trick for the white wash?

tried it myself for the first time last month on a Panzer IV, not as tricky as i thought it was going to be

N

noble

peter thanks for the great comments no i certainly don't mind one bit and i have already taken care of that. beowulf it is the hair spray effect, thought it was time i gave it a try cheers for the comments no. Derek thanks mate much appreciated.

Scott

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb bud lovely t-34 like the white wash effect and the weathering everywhere else is superb

T

tecdes

Very nice Scott. Not into tanks etc, yet, but looks a really nice model. As has been stated the stressed look is just the part. The wheels I like a lot.

? what is this hairspray thing. What does it do ?

Laurie

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
1st class t34 weathering 10/10 just looking at it makes me feel cold :newyear:

N

noble

\ said:
Very nice Scott. Not into tanks etc, yet, but looks a really nice model. As has been stated the stressed look is just the part. The wheels I like a lot.? what is this hairspray thing. What does it do ?

Laurie
Hi Laurie what you do is this after your base coat is applied seal it with one coat of Johnsons clear. once dry i applied 3 coats of hair spray one coat every 20 minutes, you apply your white wash and leave approximately 2 hours. take a cup of hot water and cut most of the bristles off an old brush, dip it in the water and scrub at the white coat, this will start to come away. Continue with this until happy.

Scott

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Hi Laurie what you do is this after your base coat is applied seal it with one coat of Johnsons clear. once dry i applied 3 coats of hair spray one coat every 20 minutes, you apply your white wash and leave approximately 2 hours. take a cup of hot water and cut most of the bristles off an old brush, dip it in the water and scrub at the white coat, this will start to come away. Continue with this until happy.Scott
............. Sloshin' all that water around 'll explain where the rust came from :fool:

I'll get my coat.

P

Polux

Nice one Scott!

The weathering is spot on! I always think, the T34 is the perfect "guy" to do a damage or weathered winter camo!!

And your paint work is perfect, with some interesting details!

Cheers. Polux

N

noble

\ said:
............. Sloshin' all that water around 'll explain where the rust came from :fool:I'll get my coat.
For the rust i used washes of burnt scienna oil paint around the grab handles and generally here and there. it is easy to go too far here so stop working every so often and look at the kit both close up and at a distance in natural light. you will know when it is right.

Scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Fabulous paint job again Scott! I think you missed a trick with the seams on the gun barrel though.

Gern

N

noble

\ said:
Fabulous paint job again Scott! I think you missed a trick with the seams on the gun barrel though.Gern
Cheers mate must have missed that will get onto it right away should be a nice easy fix.

Scott

First Name
Aaron
wicked looking t34 Scott.

Id love to build one of these one day.

T

treyzx10r

Most excellent looking bit of armor Scott,very nicely done Sir!!! 5 star build !

N

noble

thank you all for your great comments folks i very much appreciate every one .

Scott