T34 / 85

P

pneupack

Sweet work, have not tried the hairspray trick must give it a go sometime when I get back to some modelling..... Working on the snowberry but have been busy so a bit hard to get a good run at it : (. Love the weathering on your T34, the rust you used Burnt Sienna did you thin it? or use it straight from the tube. 5* and nice pics

Robert

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice work on the weathering Scott, feel cold now lol. Do like a nice T-34 mate.

have fun, John

N

noble

\ said:
Nice work on the weathering Scott, feel cold now lol. Do like a nice T-34 mate.have fun, John
Thanks guys i appreciate the great comments, the burnt scienna was mixed with turps and used as a wash.

Scott

T

The Dweller

\ said:
Hi Laurie what you do is this after your base coat is applied seal it with one coat of Johnsons clear. once dry i applied 3 coats of hair spray one coat every 20 minutes, you apply your white wash and leave approximately 2 hours. take a cup of hot water and cut most of the bristles off an old brush, dip it in the water and scrub at the white coat, this will start to come away. Continue with this until happy.Scott
Instead of hairspray, this stuff is available too, and from the research i have done its absolutely fantastic

AK Interactive USA

this is an American link, but its available in the UK from reputable model stockists

Noble, i hope you dont mind constructive criticism, you've got a fantastic build there, its just a little thing, but on the picture there is a mold line down the barrel of the tank, just kind of stands out, apart from that its a superb paint job and build i wish i could paint so well

Dave

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Cracking T34 Scott, the paint and weathering is great.

Tony.

First Name
Aaron
Jeeze i missed this. Nice work mate i love it all...how does the zvesda kit build? Ive heard mixed reviews on thier kits.

Yours looks awesome im jelly of your weathering it all looks fantastic.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb build, love the detailing and the turret casting. 5 star build.

Si:smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This is great. I really like the level of weathering these battle worn tanks can have. Something I might have to look into further.

J

John Rixon

Staggeringly good build! You been busy with the Mr Surfacer too? Such a convincing finish, love it!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Wow, is the rough "cast" finish on the turret standard or did you work a bit of magic there? o_OThat is really cool!:cool:

N

noble

Thanks guys the rough cast was already attached to the turret.

Scott