Tamiya 1/35 Panzer II Colour modulation technique

D

dubster72

Just a brief update... the tank is pretty much done, just the crew to do & here's an idea of how it's going to look

Thanks for looking

Patrick

First Name
Aaron
Good stuffs Patrick. I like it A lot.

C

CDW

Tidy, tidy, tidy :smiling3:

What are you using for the grass? It's quite effective in those photos.

D

dubster72

Colin, the grass is cheapo paintbrush bristles from a Poundshop. I dunked them in green paint, let them dry & removed them from the ferrule. Once it's all done, I'll show more of it with some tips if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Patrick

D

dubster72

You're more than welcome! Just make sure you get the brushes with the pale bristles. They look more natural & take paint better than the nylon bristle type.

mmm I can feel a 'how-to' coming on!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice Patrick, looks good.

Ron

First Name
Aaron
Hi Patrick Ive seen a modulation vid on utube and i was wondering if you masked off the seperate panels?

Seemed like control overkill and i was just wondering if its nessersary.

D

dubster72

Aaron, I did mask off some panels. They were the hatch ring, the turret viewports, the equipment box hatches & the front upper hull. You can see the results below:

The finished pics are done, so I'll post them tomorrow.

Cheers

Patrick

D

dubster72

Done & done!

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/completed-tanks/15938-tamiya-1-35-panzer-ii-spoils-war.html

First Name
Aaron
Thats exactly the masking i was enquiring about, seems a major part to the teqnique.

The done and done pics are wicked especially the painting of the black panzer uniforms. Mean.

D

dubster72

I think the masking & highlighting is important Aaron as it kinda ' lifts ' those raised areas & adds to the depth of the finished model. It's a bit like drybrushing in a way.

Thanks for your kind words mate!

Cheers

Patrick