Tamiya 1/350 IJN Destroyer Kagero

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
The last time I visited one of my aunts, she kept asking me when her husband Paul was coming to see her. He was in the same room of their house, just a few feet away from her.
When I left them, I had to drive around the corner and burst into tears.
Paul looked after her for another couple of years. He seemed quite cheerful at her funeral, and said he was just burying an empty shell, his wife of nearly 60 years had gone away years before.
Pete

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
It's horrible Pete and I really do sympathise with anyone living with and helping a loved one at home. Mum's not that bad gladly but I can see it slowly getting worse. It came on so quickly.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Keep going Bob, Julie needs you .All will work out.Keep posting as well !

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have the same fears for my father-in-law, a larger than life, big strong intelligent man, one time assessor for the Institute of Advanced Motoring, etc etc. Now a shadow of his former self and I see the effects on him and the family. I empathise with you Bob, I really do
Steve

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I have the same fears for my father-in-law, a larger than life, big strong intelligent man, one time assessor for the Institute of Advanced Motoring, etc etc. Now a shadow of his former self and I see the effects on him and the family. I empathise with you Bob, I really do
Steve
Thanks Steve. This is the first time I have come face to face with this terrible illness. The hospitals unit has many bays with beds, with many patients with dementia and it's horrible to see them.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Bob,

Good to see you back at this with everything going on. Will reply to your latest email as soon as I get a proper 5 minutes!

ATB.

Andrew

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Almost finished ready for primer, test fitted the central superstructures etc. So typical Tamiya, great fit.

20231206_095319.jpg20231206_095255.jpg20231206_095305.jpg
Added the kits small amount of PE which includes small supports on the side of the bridge for the wings. Much happier with this build

However Need more practice on seams, especially funnels!

Hope it look ok folks

Bob

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Bob. Whats the problem with funnels? Is it the roundness that gets you?
I have issues with round things as well at times. Large parts I go for the ouze small parts the thin glues and minimal sanding/smoothing.
I sometimes think that we modelers will one day evolve to have four hands.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think my wife already has four hands - she's sat looking for on-line knitting paraphenalia with two whilst the other two dip my wallet and extract my cards to pay! :thinking:
Steve

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I think my wife already has four hands - she's sat looking for on-line knitting paraphenalia with two whilst the other two dip my wallet and extract my cards to pay! :thinking:
Steve
Along with the ability to watch the TV and I pad at the same time .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Done Bob matey ship lookin fine an you dont need any more practise as you are a very good moddeler an some very good detail on your bridge an funnels well done my freind keep it comin
ATB boyo keep chin up
chrisb

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking good Bob. Whats the problem with funnels? Is it the roundness that gets you?
I have issues with round things as well at times. Large parts I go for the ouze small parts the thin glues and minimal sanding/smoothing.
I sometimes think that we modelers will one day evolve to have four hands.
Hi Ian

Getting there but yes funnels being the hardest.

My fault as I tend to sand like I am filing metal on a truck part!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
WELL Done Bob matey ship lookin fine an you dont need any more practise as you are a very good moddeler an some very good detail on your bridge an funnels well done my freind keep it comin
ATB boyo keep chin up
chrisb
Thanks Chris, getting there. Next build ready for attack lol

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Steve
Know the feeling, however my wife has just bought a very expensive embroidery machine. Means she can't really complain about me buying new models. lol