Tamiya 1/350 IJN Destroyer Kagero

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Tim, I have Tamiya filler, so will have a go. There's the top of the bridge to add yet, I have yet to fit the various bridge equipment such as binoculars on stands etc.
Good choice Bob. Tamiya filler is the best of them in my opinion, pity it’s so hard to get over here. Sticks better than anything else I’ve tried and sands easily to a feather edge.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good choice Bob. Tamiya filler is the best of them in my opinion, pity it’s so hard to get over here. Sticks better than anything else I’ve tried and sands easily to a feather edge.
Cannot remember when I bought it? Used the deluxe materials one but I find it goes off far to easily in the nozzle and crumbles under standing.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cannot remember when I bought it? Used the deluxe materials one but I find it goes off far to easily in the nozzle and crumbles under standing.
Deluxe is great for cracks and fissures because it can be cleaned up so easily, leaving no residue. However, it’s rubbish for fine edges as you say. There is a use for both Bob, but the short shelf life of the deluxe materials filler can be an issue.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Sorry Bob,
Missed the start of this. Your off to nice start. The little jigs are a nice touch.
Hi Paul, the jig is simple but so helpful for large fingers and shot nerves lol.
I think it is the Japanese government that is not to pleased with foreign companies getting hold of the plans.
Maybe, but come on whoever get making more IJN kits, please!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Well folks, not a regular anymore but I am still glueing plastic in between hospital visits and preparing to empty mums house ( 160 odd visits to date I think,)

Fletcher is on hold as I need to practice my brush skills, or lack of them. So back to Kagero and finished the bridge.

20231201_161805.jpg20231201_161727.jpg

It seems the seams on the corners of the bridge were there on the actual ships. So glad about that! Tells me I must do more research

It had a enclosed bridge and Tamiya provide clear plastic for the windows. So wil have to carefully mask the clear plastic and try to paint the window frames by hand. That will be fun lol

Next up a Trumpeter German destroyer, paint just arrived from John

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
well Bob mate you have done your bit at 160 visits wow an hope your mum is feelin a bit better an nice bit of work on that bridge boyo well done so far
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
well Bob mate you have done your bit at 160 visits wow an hope your mum is feelin a bit better an nice bit of work on that bridge boyo well done so far
chris
Thanks Chris

Last post until finished, same goes for Fletcher

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Look after your own health Bob, by the sound of it you've done all you can for your mum.
Pete
Hi Pete, not 100,% managed to get a cancellation at the docs, that was a shock for starters lol.

She believes that the stress and worry about mum is a big factor but must carry on regardless. Mum never let me down.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
All the best Bob. A very upsetting and stressful time. Although almost impossible try to be kind to yourself.
Thanks Jim, the tumour is spreading but no symptoms at the moment. The frightening thing is how quick the dementia has come on. So sad to see my real mum slipping away

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Jim, the tumour is spreading but no symptoms at the moment. The frightening thing is how quick the dementia has come on. So sad to see my real mum slipping away
Sorry to hear this Bob. We had the same with my mother and my wife’s father. After their strokes all that was left was dementia and fear, no recognition or cognitive function. One day they were fine, next day they were just gone. What I found terrifying was how quickly the weeks of daily hospital visits became normal while we waited for the inevitable to happen. In the end all you can do is ensure they are comfortable and well looked after.
Be kind to yourself though. You can only do your best and can only do what you can do. Stressing over what you can’t do just makes it worse. You are doing all you can, and that’s enough.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thank you both

I can now fully appreciate the horrible situation people are in when they care for a loved one at home. The gov has to do more to help. At the moment a conversation with mum is about 10% ok but the rest! She tells me that helicopters drop off German troops, the nurses take bribes and hire the beds out. I have to smile otherwise I'd need a bed myself.

I greatly Appreciate the kind words and thoughts but I will carry on regardless. I owe her a debt I can never even get close to repaying.