Tamiya 1/350 KGV plus extras

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice work Bob. The PE will make all the difference to the finished ship. looking forward to the final reveal - promises to be a cracker.
Cheers
P

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
My Gawd 'Admiral' Bob, your work is fantastic with the PE!!! I can only tip my hat to you, Sir!!! That crane is a so cool and cleanly done...Bring on the rest...............

Prost
Allen

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Well, you'vegot to be happy with that Bob, it looks great!

Nick
Thanks Nick, getting there!
Looks very fine to me Bob. Was the crane arm a fold up part, or did it come in separate pieces?
Hi Tim, the crane is fold up, then there's the additional frame sitting underneath which is a separate part and the most fiddly to make

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Very nice work Bob. The PE will make all the difference to the finished ship. looking forward to the final reveal - promises to be a cracker.
Cheers
P
Thanks Mr P, the kits crane is terrible so this is one bit of pe which is worth having a go at.
My Gawd 'Admiral' Bob, your work is fantastic with the PE!!! I can only tip my hat to you, Sir!!! That crane is a so cool and cleanly done...Bring on the rest...............

Prost
Allen
Good evening Allen, ta very much, very kind of you. I am more confident now, but still a way to go!
Bob,
Superb mate.
Cheers Paul, appreciated!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That crane turned out very nice. You got this Bob!
What was the problem with the colour coats paint?? I have always found them to be very good and easy to use.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
You've certainly got the hang of this PE lark Bob.
Pete
Thanks Pete
That crane turned out very nice. You got this Bob!
What was the problem with the colour coats paint?? I have always found them to be very good and easy to use.
Hi Ian, will try again with enamels as I enough paint anyway.
Looks very fine to me Bob. Was the crane arm a fold up part, or did it come in separate pieces?
Tim this is the pe, it looks like the top frame is separate, instructions not very clear
20221224_114149.jpg20221224_114200.jpg
The one above has to be shaped in a box section which fits underneath the crane. Fiddly lol

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks interesting Bob. It’s a one piece etch. That top section is supposed to be folded onto the three sided box made earlier from the other parts. Not an easy folding job though.
The second one could have been much easier if they had drawn the fret with the box sides attached to one of the other parts…….etch designed by a craftsman not a builder ;)

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looks interesting Bob. It’s a one piece etch. That top section is supposed to be folded onto the three sided box made earlier from the other parts. Not an easy folding job though.
After a good few reads finally got it! The Tamiya folding pliers were very useful on this, ordered the long nose ones as well. Saved my nails, hair etc lol. Much more confident now

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI BOYO well you certainly mastered this p/e an that crane is very similar to my crane on my tiger just a tad smaller thats all an mine was difficult to make at how big mine is but yours on how small it is proves that you are a crackin good moddeler so no more of this practice bussiness youve built it an bein that small would have been a trail for me very well done matey an lets see more of you sencesational work brilliant :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
If I had to fold that crane than I guarantee I would finish up being fitted for a canvas overcoat! I even have problems sequencing simple box-shaped constructions. Very clean, very well made Bob, and I echo the comments Chris made!
Steve

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nice work on the crane ,worth the effort for the much better detail itll add.
Cheers Mark, even built by me a huge improvement on the awful kit crane!
HI BOYO well you certainly mastered this p/e an that crane is very similar to my crane on my tiger just a tad smaller thats all an mine was difficult to make at how big mine is but yours on how small it is proves that you are a crackin good moddeler so no more of this practice bussiness youve built it an bein that small would have been a trail for me very well done matey an lets see more of you sencesational work brilliant :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chrisb
Thanks Chris, very kind. Perhaps I am being too critical of my work?
Well done indeed Bob. The crane looks excellent.
Thanks Jim, appreciated
If I had to fold that crane than I guarantee I would finish up being fitted for a canvas overcoat! I even have problems sequencing simple box-shaped constructions. Very clean, very well made Bob, and I echo the comments Chris made!
Steve
Thanks Steve, nerves shot lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Have started on the other crane but in the mean time getting parts ready for priming. Always used blu tack and cocktail sticks but more miss than hit bits often falling off mid spray!

So had a brain storm ( I know it's very rare ) cut of bits of sprue, glued them inside the funnel section for example and attached a crocodile clip on a stick. Hopefully I can now spray without the part dropping off
20221229_134436.jpg20221229_134457.jpg
Next problem spraying the ships boats, only thing I can think about is drilling a small hole on the keel and fitted a cocktail stick, at least you will not see the hole. BUT when it comes to the boats swinging on a davit???

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
For things like the boats Bob, I’ve always just blue tacked them down, sprayed one side, then when it’s dry turned it over and sprayed the other side……failing that, they aren’t that big, so brush paint them…..