The Smythe Meister's Priest

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good progress there, but the real work is probably still ahead with that interior, not to mention the gun — artillery is always more work than you think in advance.
Cheers Jakko,yes, you're spot on, the interior is where it's at...that can make or break the look of these things. ;)
Looking good in the primer Andy . Where's our friend, think we need a shot or two of him at the bench please.
Thanks John,once he decides to grace us with activity I'll get him to pose. :smiling3:
Looking good so far!
Cheers Andrew.... The recent Achilles has proved to be a very useful bit of training for this build up to now. ;)

I enjoyed building this one. Think it may have been my first build on this forum. Look forward to see yours progress.
Hi Jack, I'll have a look for your build and nab some ideas. ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... well then guys...
... Some paint has gone down, the base coat...
IMG20230326190342.jpg
... And some more bits to clean up and add to the bang stick...
IMG20230326185752.jpg
... There's already an awful lot of bits gone into that assembly.. and there's more to come!!
Cheers for looking in, it's a great kit so far... Must admit that my limited experience with Academy stuff,(just the 2 until now),makes me think they're pretty nice. ;)
Thanks for looking in,
Andy

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Must admit that my limited experience with Academy stuff,(just the 2 until now),makes me think they're pretty nice. ;)
They are usually pretty good to build, I would agree. My main problem with Academy is accuracy, or to be more precise, their poor standards for it ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
Nice neat work mate.
Cheers Scottie, it's the kit that makes it look like that ... I'm still a messy bugger!! ;)
They are usually pretty good to build, I would agree. My main problem with Academy is accuracy, or to be more precise, their poor standards for it ;)
Fair enough Jakko,I don't really mind about some inaccuracies,(as long as they're not TOO bad),and must admit that my normal mantra is," if it looks like one of those, then I'll make the best of it OOTB with painting/weathering",I will add extras,and some scratching sometimes, however generally, I'm just happy to get a model, to a finish that I think is "acceptable". ;)
Don't tell him that !;) ,just when we have got him back on armour .
... No need to worry Mr.Race.... the Armour bug is ALWAYS there,I just like to dabble in both areas these days. ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok then, not so much an update... ...More an explanation about the "base paint" being Yellow...
With the exception of the Hetzer,all of my recent Armour builds have been Olive Drab,or variants thereof,so,I decided to do this M7 as this.....
IMG20230326190718.jpg
Just to please John,and a certain Mr.Dewire,I asked Cohan to grace us with his presence... it cost me a portion of fresh Spring Greens,but, grudgingly,he came down from his hammock......
IMG20230327120329.jpg
After munching for a while I decided to tell him the plan... a desert scheme on a little Dio using some of this.....
IMG20230327140340.jpg
Had that for ages,used it often.... but never actually in a Desert scenario!
Unfortunately,I think the constant refs to Sand and Desert must've brought unpleasant memories/experiences to the little guy,and his answer was...........IMG20230327130024.jpg
.... Oh well.... see you later mate. :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm a bit late in Mr. Smiff as I was away this past weekend. Nice work so far and it's great to see Cohan getting a break away from the bench. He does look relaxed, prob a bit dis-interested in this build, as it's not a wing thingy. Drive on Andy and make us proud!!!

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking good Andy. I've never built an Academy kit but will look out for one in the future.
Bearded Dragons are wonderful creatures. I think I mentioned it before but my daughter had 3 many years ago - Smoke, Flame and Ember.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Fair enough Jakko,I don't really mind about some inaccuracies,(as long as they're not TOO bad),and must admit that my normal mantra is," if it looks like one of those, then I'll make the best of it OOTB with painting/weathering",I will add extras,and some scratching sometimes, however generally, I'm just happy to get a model, to a finish that I think is "acceptable". ;)
That’s the great thing about hobbies like this: you can make things to the standard that you are happy with, because that’s the only person you have to please :smiling3: For me, the kinds of inaccuracies that Academy often has means I’m not that happy with their kits and so would rather buy another kit that looks more closely like the real thing. However, others don’t see the problem and are happy with the result, so good for them :smiling3: