The Smythemeister's Tigger

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Just done a catchup on your build. Ecellent.
The Zimmerit looks really good despite the calls for the real item....
Plenty of other work has gone on and the build is really taking off.
The report about a KT being found - forget it, it was one of those YT morons who found that someone had discovered a tank in a river, and then went off to dream about finding a KT just up the river from where this other tank had been found... I sent him an email congratulating him on his speculation and wondered if he could speculate a brain for himself.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Screenshot_20230115_232824_YouTube2.jpg
This week I've mainly been doing camo...
IMG20230908162927.jpg
IMG20230909140700.jpg
... don't ever let it be said that I don't get the max out of stuff!!.... using old bits of camo masks,white tac and Tamiya tape.Then,after that,I decided to do the camo blotchy stuff, not sure if it's accurate,but to my thinking,it wouldn't have been "uniform",so I used a bit of license..
IMG20230911185015.jpg

IMG20230911185025.jpg
IMG20230911185109.jpg
... all looks a bit stark at the moment,but after a gloss coat, wash,and the obvious weathering,it should tie together nicely... well, that's the plan anyway!! ;)
I'll address all of your previous kind comments tomorrow, but cheers for now. :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Great looking camo. A perfect base for the next stages.
Thanks Jim,now I look at the pics though,I think I might have to doctor some of the blotches,as they look a little too large and round to me.... especially the yellow ones?!!:thinking:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Oh Mr. Smiff,

I thought we have had the discussion about you posting pics of yourself on here, especially after a hard time at the spray booth...I know it is nerve wracking, but Andy, the Tigger is looking really nice in her coat of paint!!! Respect my friend and using recycled masking material makes it even better. Your blotchy stuff is better known as the ambush scheme utilizing the same 3 colors as used in the camo. I realize you used your artistic license on it, as it's your model. Normally it was applied a bit differently. Brown and green dots on the dk yellow and dk yellow dots on the green and brown. No biggie Buddy, as she looks good all the same!!!...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks very much guys...
... but I looked again at those pics,and decided it looked FAR too cartoony,in my opinion the dashes/blotches just made it all a bit of a joke:flushed:....
.... therefore,I've spent about 3 hours tonight,not only "slimming down" the said blotches,but also lessening them:thumb2:, it seemed to me that it was all a bit too busy with too large BLOBS ,!!:flushed:..
So,here we have the "slimmed down" version, although the pics ain't great..
IMG20230912193554.jpg
IMG20230912195946.jpg
Not sure why the same pic looks so different.. but I hope you agree that it so much better than the previous scheme?!!:thinking::thumb2:
I have started tother side,but it's taking a while.... and then of course,I have to tie it all together... don't be put off by the slurred paint, it'll be sorted soon:hugging-face:,
Basically I've spent all evening going backwards... but I just wasn't happy how it looked!!:sad-face:.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Does look better Andy. First shot is overexposed, by the way….labels on the containers are completely blown, making them unreadable. Was it a flash shot?
Cheers Tim,
No, nothing altered between either pic,(just done on my phone), only swept it up from the bench,and put it on "Expert" for the second one..
... must've been that I guess,!
Been posting from phone only for AGES now, but I did look in on my laptop the other evening... and was shocked how bad my pics look when viewed on there?!!:flushed:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I do love what you have done to yourself, the image is neither tramp or vagrant, the knee bulges in the well worn trousers are a specialty of that great boutique 'Tramp About the Village, had the 'wild man' quiff done at the hairdressers 'Puff & Curl It', and oh! that rope belt just gives it that final touch of what not to look like when trying out your new wellies, now off you go and do not pass any mirrors or windows that will reflect your look....
Great work on the KT by the way, the camo works a treat and will look even better with the weathering.
Mike

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The basic idea is to obscure the appearance of the vehicle amongst the local flora, which your work has done effectively. Much was applied in the field expediently, so almost anything goes using anything close to the basic colors. The factory applied "ambush scheme" is very difficult to replicate as it was a multi layered process of multiple masks whereas field applied were "as you like it".