The Smythemeister's Tigger

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Smiffy,
Nicely done mate. Adds a lot more interest.
Thanks Scottie, looks a bit more realistic this way I think :smiling3:
Nice one Andy, she looks load better with 'bits' missing..
(maybe you could bend and bash the other mudguard ?..up a little).
Cheers Chris, it's too late to doctor the mudguard now that it's all together really...the plastic is a bit thick,so would need heat treatment ;)
My bold. That's the bit my wife doesn't understand!!! Why doesn't it look new?
Yeah, I've had several non modelling mate's look at some of my builds and say," it's good,but isn't it a bit scruffy?" :tears-of-joy:
It’s starting to look like a Tigger German style lol.
Cheers Lee.... glad you think so :thumb2:
Nice looking kitty
Thanks Mick :hugging-face:
Kee it coming Mr. Smiff.... she's looking the bomb! ;)
Thank you Rick....seems to be taking forever,but getting to the interesting stages now;)
Coming along nicely Andy, the missing track guards add a bit of interest.
Cheers Graeme,of all the old pictures I've seen of these things in action, hardly any have all of these side plates in tact!;)
That's coming on very nicely indeed Andy!

Great work on those tracks!!

Andrew
Thanks Andrew,the tracks, despite my trepidation,were actually rather satisfying,and relatively easy to do :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just done a catchup on your build. Ecellent.
The Zimmerit looks really good despite the calls for the real item....
Plenty of other work has gone on and the build is really taking off.
The report about a KT being found - forget it, it was one of those YT morons who found that someone had discovered a tank in a river, and then went off to dream about finding a KT just up the river from where this other tank had been found... I sent him an email congratulating him on his speculation and wondered if he could speculate a brain for himself.
Thanks very much Mike,the Zim was an absolute breeze to do ;)
Oh Mr. Smiff,

I thought we have had the discussion about you posting pics of yourself on here, especially after a hard time at the spray booth...I know it is nerve wracking, but Andy, the Tigger is looking really nice in her coat of paint!!! Respect my friend and using recycled masking material makes it even better. Your blotchy stuff is better known as the ambush scheme utilizing the same 3 colors as used in the camo. I realize you used your artistic license on it, as it's your model. Normally it was applied a bit differently. Brown and green dots on the dk yellow and dk yellow dots on the green and brown. No biggie Buddy, as she looks good all the same!!!...

Prost
Allen
Thanks for that Allen, we'll have to blame Mr.Box art man for that....
IMG20230917092740.jpg

I’ve got to say that looks fab Andy, I bet you’re pleased with that!

Once you get Into the weathering it’ll look even better….top job mate :cool:
Cheers Si,yes,family happy so far,hoping it'll come out better in the end mind ;)
Wow Mr. Smiff!!.big changes since I last looked in. Keep it coming Sir! :thumb2:
Thanks again Rick, yep... it's a moving canvas this one!! :tears-of-joy:
Cracking job with the camo Andy.
Cheers Andy, it's getting there! :smiling3:
I do love what you have done to yourself, the image is neither tramp or vagrant, the knee bulges in the well worn trousers are a specialty of that great boutique 'Tramp About the Village, had the 'wild man' quiff done at the hairdressers 'Puff & Curl It', and oh! that rope belt just gives it that final touch of what not to look like when trying out your new wellies, now off you go and do not pass any mirrors or windows that will reflect your look....
Great work on the KT by the way, the camo works a treat and will look even better with the weathering.
Mike
..... and that's me in my Sunday best,on the way to Church ;)
Looking bodacious Mr.Smiffff.
Thanks Scottie.... very down with the kids there mate :tears-of-joy:
The basic idea is to obscure the appearance of the vehicle amongst the local flora, which your work has done effectively. Much was applied in the field expediently, so almost anything goes using anything close to the basic colors. The factory applied "ambush scheme" is very difficult to replicate as it was a multi layered process of multiple masks whereas field applied were "as you like it".
Good info thanks Paul,bit tricky deciding how big the "dashes" should be,but I've settled for what you see now :thumb2:

The King tiger is looking good too!
Thanks Graeme... I think!! :tears-of-joy:
Nice work Andy on both versions
Cheers Mick.... by the end of this build I'm not sure just how many incarnations this will have been through!! :flushed:
..... well,I think I've answered everyone there,if I have missed you out,I do apologise :sad:
Thanks to ALL for your continued support,advice,and banter....it means a lot, I'll have quite a big update to put up this evening, until then....
.... "Happy Modelling" :smiling3:

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well then, I thought I'd put just a few pics up of what I've done this week so far.
Used a load of Mig "Streaking grime" to try and tone it down a bit,added some tools, commander's hatch and spare track links.
Still a bit garish in places,and track links yet to be painted,as is the light.
Then both MGs will be fitted,along with the huge steel ropes.
After that we'll be ready for some "wear and tear" and final weathering :tongue-out3:,but here it stands at the moment.....
IMG_20210413_195735.jpg
IMG_20210413_195609.jpg
IMG_20210413_195645.jpg
IMG_20210413_195628.jpg
... more to come this evening,as always, thanks for looking in,and any thoughts or plain old abuse more than welcome :tongue-out2:.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Andy, the weathering has toned it down nicely, they do look a bit 'stark' when first painted.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
No complaints from me Andy!! Looking good!!!
Thanks Andrew, it's getting there :thumb2:
King of the Tiggys if you ask me. ;)
Couldn't agree more Rick... just hope this one turns out that way!:hugging-face:
That's look great Andy. The streaking grime has toned it down nicely. Don't need dark glasses now :smiling:
Ha!! Indeed not.... in fact, even less so now as I've dulled it down even more now :nerd:.
Looking good mate.
Cheers Scottie, not to your standards, but I'm quite happy up to now :thumb2:
Looking good Andy, the weathering has toned it down nicely, they do look a bit 'stark' when first painted.
Thanks Graeme, indeed they do,mind you,the poor quality of my pictures doesn't help!!:flushed:
Love it, but is it 213 or 132?
Thank you Paul, pleased you like it...
It's 213.... seems the "unit" number went on the mantlet,and th individual tank number went on the barrel...so..
2....13...at least I THINK that's right!!:tongue-out2:.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
..... so then,there has been progress on this one,Guns are on,as are the ropes.More grime added, are some chipping,then a coat of matt varnish.....IMG_20210425_223638.jpg
IMG_20210425_223936.jpg
IMG_20210425_223909.jpg
... so, once the varnish has cured it's a case of a final wash, adding some mud,earth and ground up shrubbery, mainly around the tracks/running gear.... oh,and I've started this chap too....
IMG_20210425_225917.jpg
.... FIGURES!!.... my Achilles heel :astonished:
As always,all thoughts,hints,(abuse!!)... very welcome..
Cheers for now....

Attachments

• IMG_20210425_223909.jpg
    IMG_20210425_223909.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20210425_223638.jpg
    IMG_20210425_223638.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 1

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Normally the first # is company, the next is platoon # and last is individual tank #. Although other methods were used. Hence my confusion.
You know more about it than I Paul,so you could well be right :thumb2: ...
I went on instruction placement,and the size of decals,(the 2's being significantly larger,and the 13's being one decal,not individual).
As I was R.A.F. and not an Armour guy, like you were,I suspect you are correct mate ;).

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I suspect it’s No. 2 tank of 3 Platoon, 1 Company, because in combat the individual tank number is the most important to recognise for other members of the platoon.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Late arrival Andy, Sorry, but Wow what a build you have here...you sure put the smackdown on that camo scheme...I'm truly envious ! I mean, your Sweetie buying this kit for you, but of your skill too, of course, ahem.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Andy, stop worrying it will all be worth it at the end. Once the dirt and dust are on it will bring it all together. Verdict so far - great work.