The spring group Build. April - June

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just a quick reminder that there is one month to the start of the spring build, so thinking caps on chaps.

For those that are new to the forum, or just forgot the spring build is of a lorry/truck with load.

Any scale, any nation, civil, military, just as long as its a lorry, truck or other tractor/trailer with a load.

Ian M

D

dm73

Cheers for the heads up Ian, struggling to get the Jan Normandy GB finished but got some ideas for this one.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The last of my "bits" for the spring BG came today. Yeah!

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

As you know guys i never join in this part of the forum but im always impressed with everyones work, well done to you all who take part. i have an idea that came to mind from a build i saw recently of an old truck. just a suggestion but i though, Bygone days, Vintage and good old lorries like the Denis and others, would bring back some memories.

Cheers

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So has any one else started sorting through the stash or ordering in for the April GB or is it just me?

Ian M

A

andygh

No it's not just you

I've got the vehicle and I've got the PE, I just need some inspiration for the dio now

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh good! Remember though Andy, you dont have to do a Dio. I'm not. Just the subject.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well technically the Tilly is a van not a lorry or truck but if you can make a good load out for the Tilly, I can live with that! Go for it Andrew!

Ian M

djellis10

djellis10
Can not wait! I have tucked away at the moment the 1/35 Tamiya dragon wagon with trailer. I suppose as to load there is quite a choice other than the usual recovered tank. Any ideas anyone?? The only thing is that the misses is quite pregnant at the mo and our due date is the 25th of may. That could get in the way of progress a little! Anyone got real photos for diorama reference please post.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well here are a few bits of inspiration...

John S. Mitchell WWII

Diorama "Dragon Wagon und Biber"

AeroScale :: Book Review: Dragon Wagon by Ken Fortier

The first link could make a bit of room in the parts box.

The last one could make a fantastic diorama but might be a bit much for three months.

Ian M

C

CDW

Seems this topic was tidied up and posts were deleted to make it look pretty to the outside world, i asked a few questions in my post...

Might have been newbie ones but would have been nice if they were answered.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry Colin I thought that I had replied, it would seen that it was a big broom that swept the cobwebs away, along with my reply. Could I ask you to repeat the questions, was it not some thing about people being cargo? If that was the case then No people are not cargo they are passengers. The ONLY exception will be an Ambulance or buses.

Ian M

A

andygh

Oh dear, I thought it was a truck with a "load", didn't realise it had to be cargo :poster_oops:

Guess I'll give it a miss this time :fool:

C

CDW

\ said:
Sorry Colin I thought that I had replied, it would seen that it was a big broom that swept the cobwebs away, along with my reply. Could I ask you to repeat the questions, was it not some thing about people being cargo? If that was the case then No people are not cargo they are passengers. The ONLY exception will be an Ambulance or buses.Ian M
No worries, i use a large dustpan and brush on forums occasionally myself :smiling3:

I think in general you've answered my main question, i have a "M*A*S*H" themed diorama on the go at present and was thinking about using a dodge truck/ ford bus .. along with patients and medical equipment..... so is that a yes ???

My other questions are covered too ie...

is it open to anyone = yep?

how long do we have to do it = found that out by reading back on GB forum ..so yep, got that!

then i asked if we won anything or if there was a trophy or something :smiling3: :smiling3:

Thanks for that Ian, I'm just getting to know whats where on the forum and sifting through previous threads systematically ... you know what us forum newbies are like :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well glad thats sorted!

A M*A*S*H diorama would fit the bill just nicely. If its got a red cross on it then its an ambulance :smiling:

Any one can join in.

Only thing you will win is satisfaction and maybe some good tips along the way.

Forum newbies; Hmm, I used to be one of those too, so no worries.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Oh dear, I thought it was a truck with a "load", didn't realise it had to be cargo :poster_oops:Guess I'll give it a miss this time :fool:
What was it you had in mind? (If you don't want to reveal just yet, you can send me a PM)

Ian M

djellis10

djellis10
thanks for pics refs Ian. loving the landing craft being loaded. I do think like you said would be a lengthy process!