The spring group Build. April - June

A

andygh

What was it you had in mind? (If you don't want to reveal just yet, you can send me a PM)
This is what I'm building. Don't worry if it's not eligible, I'll be making a start on it soon anyway :peace:

Review: AFV Club M35A1 Nancy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I will have to say sorry on this one. Although an interesting project, the quad gun isn't really a cargo as its a part of the truck and would look to be well and truly bolted down.

Do have fun building it, and please do post pictures of the build in the Armour section of under construction.

Ian M

A

andygh

No problem fella..............but I have a question

When did the GB change from being a truck with a load to a truck with cargo?

I can't see the point of voting for a GB subject if it's going to be arbitrarily changed at a later date for whatever reason

For each of the GBs I've participated in so far I've bought a kit specifically for that GB, if rules are being tightened for them I think it's only fair that it's made crystal clear what is acceptable from the outset otherwise it could get a bit expensive, I'll certainly think twice next time

I'm not trying to rock the boat and please don't think I'm having a hissy fit or anything, I just think you should try to be fair

I'm sure you don't want people going out to spend £40 on a kit they otherwise may not have bought

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No Problem Andy.

A load is in my mind some thing that is loaded in and out, or on and off if you rather, a load carrying platform. Cargo/Load. Box/crate.

I work in a place where there are lorries in and out all day. Some call it their load others their cargo. I can not see a problem in the fact that the word load has jumped to cargo as they are for all intent and purpose the same thing.

In future I will try to be more careful with my use of alternative wording.

Ian M

C

CDW

\ said:
A M*A*S*H diorama would fit the bill just nicely.
The whole (very busy) diorama is on a 16x16inch base which will include truck, jeep(s), bus, a helicopter and two dozen (ish) figures so i think if i present this truck (or the bus) for GB i'll create a small dio just to display the single vehicle.

That would fit better with the GB rules methinks.

Thanks for the reply

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
No problem fella..............but I have a questionWhen did the GB change from being a truck with a load to a truck with cargo?

I can't see the point of voting for a GB subject if it's going to be arbitrarily changed at a later date for whatever reason

For each of the GBs I've participated in so far I've bought a kit specifically for that GB, if rules are being tightened for them I think it's only fair that it's made crystal clear what is acceptable from the outset otherwise it could get a bit expensive, I'll certainly think twice next time

I'm not trying to rock the boat and please don't think I'm having a hissy fit or anything, I just think you should try to be fair

I'm sure you don't want people going out to spend £40 on a kit they otherwise may not have bought
Andy, Been thinking and as you have brought the kit specially for the GB, I feel a bit bad about saying no, so If you still want to take part in the GB with the Gun Truck its OK by me.

Ian M

H

Hunty22

Now that's why this is a great forum!! I'm really pleased.....cant wait to see Nancy built!!! I really think I may treat myself to one!

A

andygh

Hey, there's no need for you to feel bad about anything Ian, I wasn't really having a moan, just suggesting that it could prove expensive if someone made a mistake and bought an inappropriate kit for a GB, maybe the rules for GBs could be spelt out a bit more clearly, well in advance of the start date or something? As it happens I would probably have built this kit at some point in the near future anyhow

Thanks for reconsidering though, I was going to make a start on it this week but I'll hold off 'til April

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Your welcome Andy.

I will try to be a bit more specific in the future.

Look forward to seeing her being built.

Ian M

N

noble

I think iam going to have a go at this one if you kind folks don't mind, my only problem is i have three candidates for the build a canadian 15cwt truck, a german mercedes benz truck and the U.S. 6x6. What do you all think ?Opinions please.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
My vote goes for the 15CWT but its your call. Is it the Italeri one? I have one in the stash so will be good to see how that builds....

The US 6x6 would give a bigger load/cargo area though, I s'pose it just depends what you want to put in it.

Ian M

N

noble

Iam thinking about doing both maybe put them both in the same dio not sure though. The 15 cwt is the italeri one.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
See now that's an idea! Go for it.

Ian M