The Winter GB...!

J

John Huggins

ooops silly me ment ENEMY AT THE GATE (VASSILI ZAITSEV) good start.

P

Polux

Hello to all!

Excuse my question. I have seen that there are a few procedure for the group, to begin in October and to finish in December and the concrete topic of the sniper. Can I ask if later you expose the dioramas? Do the members of a club take part? Or can anyone take part?

Excuse for the questions and the inconveniences.

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well said Ian.

Polux, the group builds are open to all on the forum. Please feel free to join in. The normal thing is that you start a thread in the group build section. ONCE IT IS STARTED. Post as many times as you like with pictures of the progress, any questions you might have or help you may need.

A Diorama is not needed, if you wish to make a single figure or a tank you can do just that. The coming build is Sniper so loads of chances for trying out your figure building skills.

We all look forwards to seeing you join in.

Ian M

P

Polux

That good news!!

I much would like to take part with all of you to do all together! If you allow me, I wait to enter the winter group, I will start looking for things. That I cannot touch anything up to beginning (promised), but already I have an idea for it, wait be good!

Thank you very much.

I asks: it's necessary to base in some photo for the man shooting?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I asks: it's necessary to base in some photo for the man shooting?
No need to base it on a photo, that was just for the last group build. So you have 100% creative freedom. Within the rules. lol

P

Polux

Hello to all!!

That is absent still one month, but last weekend I went to the " great city " (I live in a small mountain village of 150 habitants) and went to the shop of scale models, and already I have everything what I need for the winter group!! I have a very clear idea of what I want to make (I expect to obtain it), and it will be a diorama (not to single appear). My other one dio it's stopped (at the moment) until it doesn't begin the winter group, and I wait this month being employed at a jeep desert rider (I will post photos early)!

Regards

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
My sniper will be Roza Shanina...
Such a deadly beauty! No, seriously she was a good looking woman!

Ian M

P

Polux

I'm writing her story for post here when the winter GB starts. She killed "only" 54 soldiers, but 12 was german snipers.... Died at 21 years, it's a petty!!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent choice of subject polux, if i was doing the GB i would have chosen a female soviet too! Looking forward to seeing this one , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
For those that are interested the forum for the winter GB is open so you can introduce your build or steak your claim.

Just dont jump the gun and start the build.

Ian M

First Name
Andy
\ said:
My sniper will be Roza Shanina...
I'd never heard about Roza and have just been reading about her on Wiki, what an amazing person she was... One thing that ticks me off, is WWll war films we only ever see the men fighting, while stories of females such as Roza go untold, it's high time they told hers and the many other brave female fighters...

Looking forward to seeing your tribute to her...

Andy...

P

Polux

I am glad much that you like my choice. Thanks to the build group I have discovered a personage and such a fascinating history. I expect not to be the only one that does this small tribute for she!!

Thank you again!! Less days to start!!!

J

John Huggins

You to Polux, i've seen a documentry on Russian sniper's and Roza Shanina was in it, she almost got killed by a German sniper' the bullet hit her in the fase & went through her cheek but she still took out the sniper hiding in a tree.

Look forward to seeing ur dio.

Regards

John

R

rogue-one

hello there peeps! how u all doing? long time no see and all that. looks like there was some heavy argue*^/ ehhhh, discussions, at the start of the thread, lol. fight! fight! fight! lol. well, i'm in on this! been patiently waiting for this one, as you know, i love my figures, and i particuarly love snipers. so, i'm defo gonna get stuck into this one! i myself have the same second kit as john (above). had this one kicking about for a while waiting to be used. also plenty of sniper photo stored on the computer. so, looking forward to being back in a groupbuild and speaking to u all next month :smiling3:

ps. hi there polux and welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing wot u do in the build, your idea is very interesting and like andy, i'd never heard of roza and have now looked into the history of her. wild stuff, sexy woman and deadly woman. great.