P

Polux

No comments....how many hawkers are on this forum actually...? O_o

Is more a romantic option than a practice suggestion, not...!? :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I have one but after seeing what you have done with your Stuka mine would look like a drunk Albanian had done it lol

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
They don't do the mossie 1/24 anymore though

W

wellsyman1985

I've build the mosquito before and am currently building the hawker typhoon . the detail is fantastic but not that simple to do and sanding the frame wasn't easy some had to be missed .

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Polux if you are serious about the GB, how about A 1/24 GB, any model just as long as It's 1/24. Would be good for one next year, gives people time to get the kit and or any extras for it.

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux if you are serious about the GB, how about A 1/24 GB, any model just as long as It's 1/24. Would be good for one next year, gives people time to get the kit and or any extras for it.
That is a great idea Ian!!

Ok!! We can suggest as a GB next year! A large scale one ;)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Polux

I have my Tiffy but I won't be building it for a long while. I'm afraid I just don't get the time I'd like to work on projects, so deadlines are out for me. That's the reason I no longer do group builds as I always miss the deadline. I'll maybe get round to building the Typhoon next year but I'm not putting any money on that.

Good luck with the build(s) everyone.

Paul

First Name
Dave
I'd be up for a 1/24 build.Fancy the Typhoon as a Xmas present.

V

V1P3R

Haven't done a plane before. I might be up for a challenge!

Any rules to a GB?

Sent from me to you

P

Polux

Every year there are some GB on the forum. On october (aprox..) our moderators ask for the suggestions.

Then, there is a little poll where to choice the "winners".

There is a complet section on the forum with a calander, topics and rules.

There are some interesting current GB now! Take a look ;)

The two only important rules are:

1-Do/build all the same model or topic.

2-The period time.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The idea of a 1/24 scale GB is not a bad idea at all.

However as Paul pointed out with the dead line bit, I think 3 months could be a bit tight. Maybe a SIG for six months, so most can follow.

Or we could go all out and throw everything at it and have it as a Super GB. I am sure that we can all keep up over a whole year. With that kind of time frame I would expect to see some super detailed builds.

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ian

I think, given a year, a may be able to squeeze this in. I'm finishing the Spitfire dioramas, then a couple of 1/12 bikes then a BIG Market Garden build then I may get round to the big Tiffy.

If the 1/24 SIG is over a year I'd love to take part but If not then that's ok too.

It looks a really great kit and I suspect we'll be seeing an awful lot of large scale Typhoons very shortly.

Seems there might be a lot of interest in a 1/24 SIG.

Cheers

Paul

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've just been looking for the 1/24 mossie for this and I can only get one off eBay , now I've looked at my usual haunts and some mention it but don't have it so is this a new one on the way and the one I've seen on eBay is the old one ?