Tora,Tora,Tora !! Andy's WWII Japanese Aircraft GB: Chat thread.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, I have succumbed to the lure of this GB and will build the Airfix 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b-21 'Zero' (A01005)
Mitsubishi_A6M2b_21_Zero_72_2023_SM_GB_001.JPG

I don't have time to begin the build before the last week of the month but I will set up my build thread shortly.

Dave
Nice one Dave,
Good to see you joining in, the end of the month isn't a problem... that still gives you plenty of time to do it:thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just in case anyone's interested, whilst doing a little to my "Nick" at the moment, I've got you tube on the TV in my "war office", there's a video on there called,"Secret Japanese Aircraft of WW2",done by the History channel.:thumb2:
It's fascinating... and pretty scary really!!:flushed:...
Just thought I'd mention it!!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This may be a daft question, probably is, but does September mean the end of that month?

I don't really 'do' Japanese, but that's no reason not to take a stab at it...if I have the time. If it does give me September I'd like to hunt down a subject and join in :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
This may be a daft question, probably is, but does September mean the end of that month?

I don't really 'do' Japanese, but that's no reason not to take a stab at it...if I have the time. If it does give me September I'd like to hunt down a subject and join in :smiling3:
Not a daft question at all as there aren't any dates in the banner line mate :thumb2:.
It runs from the 1st of July until the 30th September,so you have plenty of time.Itd be great to see you join in :cool:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I would have loved to join in but with my track record of not crossing deadlines is preventing my participation besides I've got a few things on the go at the moment. Very tempting though.

Cheers,
Wabble

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I would have loved to join in but with my track record of not crossing deadlines is preventing my participation besides I've got a few things on the go at the moment. Very tempting though.

Cheers,
Wabble
Aw,go on Richard....
..... you know you wanna!!;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

Cheers,
Wabble
Do it I probably hold the record here for not finishing GBs lol.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Aw,go on Richard....
..... you know you wanna!!;)
Andy, I've got the Belvedere to finish by the 16th that leaves me with only 14 days to knock something out. Can't see myself doing a Speedy Gonzales. :smiling6:
Do it I probably hold the record here for not finishing GBs lol.
Still one too many for me Lee and they end up on the shelf of doom or finished a year later. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Wabble

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.....and they end up on the shelf of doom or finished a year later. :tears-of-joy:
... At least they DO get finished Richard...
... once mine get consigned to the shelf of shame they're VERY lucky to EVER get off it again!! :tears-of-joy:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
At least they DO get finished Richard...
I’m currently catching up on a couple builds now from years past GB who cares at least there done that’s why there’s no actual time limit on a GB after the finish date. Yes we thrive to get it done between the window time but things happen. As for me life just gets in the way but I sometimes return to it because some want to see it finished but most of all I do.