Tora,Tora,Tora !! Andy's WWII Japanese Aircraft GB: Chat thread.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks Andrew I’m glad to be here it’s been awhile since I built a Japanese aircraft I have lots of Hasegawa in the stash and I built a Starter truck many years ago that I might put with my build.
Always loved the look of the Hasegawa Toyota starter truck Lee, cant wait to see it paired up with an aircraft , cheers tony

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Always loved the look of the Hasegawa Toyota starter truck Lee, cant wait to see it paired up with an aircraft , cheers tony
If I can find that build on here I did I’ll link it I did some changes to it and upgraded tbe wheels for a more realistic look.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
With well over 1000 kits in the stash and more on the way, I'm TOTALLY committed (in more ways than one) to my scale of choice! ;)

Rick

I thought I had it bad....I'll be up to 128 when two recent orders turn up!! And don't they say variety is the spice of life?!??! Go on you know you want to!! ;) :smiling5:

ATB

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
With well over 1000 kits in the stash and more on the way, I'm TOTALLY committed (in more ways than one) to my scale of choice! ;)
Well Rick, with so many kits in that scale, I would imagine they would all fit inside the boxes of all my 1/32 wing thingy kits. I figure I have about 14-15 in the stash!!!...Just sayin' Bro...

This will be my entry into the fray when it starts...Don't remember when though,

IMG_3511.JPG
Yea, it's 1/72 and kinda tiny, but I'll take the plunge into blindness for my Buddy Mr. Smiff and his model builder, Cohan...

IMG_3513.JPG
And luckily, the kit came with a set of masks. With all that glass and no masks, it didn't have a chance in hell to get built......

Prost
Allen

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
FAT Chance of that happening :tongue-out3: ....With well over 1000 kits in the stash and more on the way, I'm TOTALLY committed (in more ways than one) to my scale of choice! ;)
Whoa there Hoss just a suggestion lol I’ll leave now quietly while Matron gives you your injection.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well Rick, with so many kits in that scale, I would imagine they would all fit inside the boxes of all my 1/32 wing thingy kits. I figure I have about 14-15 in the stash!!!...Just sayin' Bro...

This will be my entry into the fray when it starts...Don't remember when though,

View attachment 479372
Yea, it's 1/72 and kinda tiny, but I'll take the plunge into blindness for my Buddy Mr. Smiff and his model builder, Cohan...

View attachment 479373
And luckily, the kit came with a set of masks. With all that glass and no masks, it didn't have a chance in hell to get built......

Prost
Allen
I like the look of that Allen,not seen the kit before either.Too small a scale for me,but I look forward to seeing you build it :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I’d like to enter this as my build.

View attachment 482964

Finished in the surrender markings for something a little different,if allowed ;)

Geoff.
Of course it is Geoff :smiling3:
After all,it IS a Japanese built Aircraft of WW2, just with "I give up" markings....which,btw,is a novel idea I think. ;)

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Andy, I have succumbed to the lure of this GB and will build the Airfix 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b-21 'Zero' (A01005)
Mitsubishi_A6M2b_21_Zero_72_2023_SM_GB_001.JPG

I don't have time to begin the build before the last week of the month but I will set up my build thread shortly.

Dave