"WE OWN THE NIGHT! "

D

dubster72

About time that I posted a finished build!

This is Trumpeters 1/35 E-50, slightly modified to represent a fictional Nachtjäger circa early 1946. The NVG gear is a resin & pe kit from ET Models and the exhaust dampers are from the spares box.

" Waiting for nightfall, the crew of Red 55 prepare for the coming mission - to seek out Soviet armour under the cover of darkness in an attempt to slow their advance "

View attachment 107333

View attachment 107334

View attachment 107335

View attachment 107336

View attachment 107337

View attachment 107338

View attachment 107339

View attachment 107340

View attachment 107341

View attachment 107342

All C & Cs welcomed as ever

Thanks for looking

Patrick

IMG_20150427_004630.jpg

IMG_20150427_004709.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_20150427_004235.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_20150427_004530.jpg

D

dougie

Very very nice subtle painting. Looks great to me. Great attention to detail. Job well done

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Now this I like, superb idea and love the IR involved in a build. Top work Patrick, quality build through and through.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
john
Very nice Patrick and very unusual camo I've never seen anything like it before a bit like a mottle effect used on planes.the figures are nicely positioned posed and painted I feel it needs a base/diorama to do it the justice it deserves.nice to see a finished build from your good self like you say it's been awhile I thought someone had nicked all your glue:eek: Well done cheers John

P

Polux

Well....I think the general colour is really good. The tone is very interesting, and it gives at your model a lovely real look.

I personally like the number on the rear part of the turret, magnificent work there. ;)

Nice details like the leaves,....that it makes me criticism your build Patrick....one pearl like this, it must be over a detailed base with a tree or similar :smiling3:

Cheers

Polux

D

dubster72

\ said:
Now this I like, superb idea and love the IR involved in a build. Top work Patrick, quality build through and through.
Si:smiling3:
Thanks Si! :smiling3:

D

dubster72

\ said:
Wow, nice job Patrick! Figures look spot on too!
Thanks John, figures are always the hardest thing to do, I still need lots of practice!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice Patrick , figures are good and some nice little additions like the leaves

Only one criticism if it can be called that is it needs a base :smiling3:

D

dubster72

\ said:
Very nice Patrick and very unusual camo I've never seen anything like it before a bit like a mottle effect used on planes.the figures are nicely positioned posed and painted I feel it needs a base/diorama to do it the justice it deserves.nice to see a finished build from your good self like you say it's been awhile I thought someone had nicked all your glue:eek: Well done cheers John
Ha-ha, the problem is too many unfinished builds John!

The camo is nicked from Luftwaffe mottling, kinda like their airborne nightfighters. A base may well be in the pipeline ;)

D

dubster72

\ said:
Well....I think the general colour is really good. The tone is very interesting, and it gives at your model a lovely real look.
I personally like the number on the rear part of the turret, magnificent work there. ;)

Nice details like the leaves,....that it makes me criticism your build Patrick....one pearl like this, it must be over a detailed base with a tree or similar :smiling3:

Cheers

Polux
Thank you Polux :smiling3: the leaves are from a plant I found in the garden, dried our & glued using PVA glue!

A base ..looks like I've got no choice but to make one! :smiling3:

D

dubster72

\ said:
Very nice Patrick , figures are good and some nice little additions like the leaves
Only one criticism if it can be called that is it needs a base :smiling3:
Aagghh! Ok ok a base already! :P .

Seriously thanks Alan! A plan is forming ...

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is very very good Patrick. I like it a lot. The detail on the figures is superb.

L

Laurie

Very nice Patrick.

Like the finishes understated which for me looks just right.

Laurie

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Patrick

That paper panzer is simply superb! Not to mention the superbly painted and very naturalistic figures!!!

Brilliant! I agree with Alan, this armour really does deserve a setting to give context. A war ravished urban scene would really suit this paper panzer and the mission you envisage.

Top stuff, I really like it

Paul

D

dubster72

\ said:
That is very very good Patrick. I like it a lot. The detail on the figures is superb.
Thanks Colin! The figures are from Masterbox, German crew in winter clothing - highly recommended by me!

First Name
Aaron
I like everything about this!!!! Subtle weathering and great figures. Top marks Patrick mate.

D

dubster72

\ said:
Hi Patrick
That paper panzer is simply superb! Not to mention the superbly painted and very naturalistic figures!!!

Brilliant! I agree with Alan, this armour really does deserve a setting to give context. A war ravished urban scene would really suit this paper panzer and the mission you envisage.

Top stuff, I really like it

Paul
You're too kind as ever Paul, but thank you! :smiling3: