Weltkrieg 11 deutsche Werkstatt

0ne48thtel

A quick update for today I have started weathering the trailer a little by giving it a worn metal look. I was after the sort of look old well used tools get like spanners etc not rusted but brown. I think I have pulled it off although the camera makes it look more silver than it does to the naked eye but that could be down to the light. I have binned the red and white banding for over the wheels arches and am in the process of painting them on. I think it will look more realistic if you know what I mean.

DSCF6038.JPG

DSCF6039.JPG

DSCF6041.JPG

DSCF6042.JPG

DSCF6043.JPG

DSCF6044.JPG

DSCF6045.JPG

DSCF6049.JPG

DSCF6052.JPG

DSCF6054.JPG

DSCF6055.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like the color your picked to use,as with,me I use burnt iron or gun metal,but that dose look real good, :D

0ne48thtel

do like the color your picked to use,as with,me I use burnt iron or gun metal,but that dose look real good, :D

Thanks Monica the mix I use is roughly 10% black 60% leather brown and 30% steel. To me it gives a really good worn but used look and is also a great base for starting the rust look as you only need to add more leather brown or a darker one.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta for that Terry,i will give it a go,next time, :D

0ne48thtel

With all the decals that I am using on the now in place I can give the white areas a good coat of gloss before I do he white. I am hoping this will prevent the red from bleeding in to the white and sending it pink. The cable drum is only dry fitted for now as I still need to add a hook to it. As always all comments are welcome.

DSCF6058.JPG

DSCF6059.JPG

DSCF6060.JPG

DSCF6061.JPG

DSCF6062.JPG

DSCF6063.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice work on this one,looking very good, :D

0ne48thtel

real nice work on this one,looking very good, :D

Thanks Monica glad you are enjoying watching it all come together.

Really loving this build post Terry. Just so much work you have done here all in one thread!

Thanks Bob yes there is a lot on this one thread there are a couple of reasons for this.

One I can't be arsed (to lazy) to keep having to open new ones for each element of this dio build. It is easier to have all the elements in one place even if it does look a bit of a mess and is jinking around a lot. There hasn't been much structure to this build from the outset not like previous builds I have done where I knew what I wanted it to look like from the get go. but it will get there.

The second reason is I think if say a tank is for a specific dio then t keeps the site tidier if the build thread is done within the dio thread if that makes sense.

Loving the weathering on the truck Terry looks really good

All round ace job so far 

Thanks Stuart glad you like the look of it.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
The devil is in the detail!! :ph34r: 9_9

Outstanding work! B|

0ne48thtel

It has taken me the best part of the day to get the striping over the arches right and I still have a little bit to do. The paint had bled under some of the tape so needs sorting . The grey areas are sorted and just need fading down again. The red over white is going to have another good coat of gloss then be retouched where needed.

DSCF6065.JPG

DSCF6066.JPG

DSCF6067.JPG

DSCF6068.JPG

DSCF6069.JPG

DSCF6070.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work on the safety , :D

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This looks great. You've got some brilliant greasy / oily effects here.

0ne48thtel

Made a start on the weathering of the trailer but think I have gone a bit OTT with streaking grime so will have to remove some or maybe put a filter over it to blend it some. The tilt still needs a bit of work and is only sat loose at the moment. All comments welcome as usual and any advice on using filters etc etc also welcome.

DSCF6071.JPG

DSCF6072.JPG

DSCF6073.JPG

DSCF6074.JPG

DSCF6075.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real like the looks of that work Terry,well done, :D