What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
I never thought about buying a sprue rack just made one myself from a few scraps of wood and an offcut from a plastic wall cladding panel.

Andy.
I use a plate holder for the kitchen cupboard works really well and not that expensive

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Couple of items slowly flying off the crib board.

Attachments

• 481C9B96-E137-4B5D-86A9-590D92149E2A.jpeg
    481C9B96-E137-4B5D-86A9-590D92149E2A.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 21

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just wrap some tape around the short length , and mark the No on it , seems to work ok for me .

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What a horrible "fate" for those poor Cribbage boards..........been a player since I was 11 years old. I hope they are dual purpose and not just relegated to the role of painted bits holder! ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
What a horrible "fate" for those poor Cribbage boards..........been a player since I was 11 years old. I hope they are dual purpose and not just relegated to the role of painted bits holder! ;)
Well that’s one for his knob right there……

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Two for turning him up and one “for his knobs” for having him in your hand when you peg it I thought…..been playing since I was about six, but haven’t played for years now……never scored 29, but have scored 19 countless times LOL.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Two for turning him up and one “for his knobs” for having him in your hand when you peg it I thought…..been playing since I was about six, but haven’t played for years now……never scored 29, but have scored 19 countless times LOL.
Just like you to do the "impossible", Tim ;)

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Took your two for turning it up & misspelling his name. The uncle who taught me the game & the guys at work I played with 40 yrs ago used "big boy rules" where if you lost count or miscounted or was slow in pegging you forfeited the pegs/points to your opponent.

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Took your two for turning it up & misspelling his name. The uncle who taught me the game & the guys at work I played with 40 yrs ago used "big boy rules" where if you lost count or miscounted or was slow in pegging you forfeited the pegs/points to your opponent.
Called Muggins, I believe. Usually if you overcount you lose them, and if you undercount the opponents that spots it gets the extras…..

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Could that explain the old English phrase of ,"Don't be s Muggins"..
... as in Dolt ?!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
May well be right Andy. After a little digging I’ve found that it’s used as a similar game term in a few other games, dominos, for example. Also, Cribbage was apparently started in the early 1600s and Muggins as a derogatory term enters the language from the mid 1800s.
Amazing what I learn or find out after coming on here ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Same here except we kept it friendly and just jeered at the player who was a little slow or miscounted........always played 4-way singles, never partners. :thumb2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Grew up in an area of vicious card players where pinochle, euchre, and even canasta were high stakes blood sport.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Same here except we kept it friendly and just jeered at the player who was a little slow or miscounted........always played 4-way singles, never partners. :thumb2:
Only played two or three as singles (I had a three handed board), or pairs. Never four way singles….played five or six card though, and pub league for one season….back in the day when pubs had teams for everything (crib, darts, dominos, Poole, bar billiards, and bar football to name some of the indoor games) and results were reported in the local papers.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Didn't mention Hearts as I still have bad dreams about it. :hungry:.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
When I lived in Oxfordshire we had a pub game called 'Aunt Sally' - involved cleanly knocking a (ten)pin (called a 'Dolly) from a small circular disc mounted on a spike about four foot high; this was achieved by throwing wooden staves at the dolly - it didn't count if you knocked it off by hitting the spike! Sounds easy - it wasn't!
Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Try Hearts in Atlantis Paul….great book, probs for the same reason…..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Played a lot of Spades in the Navy.....not to mention "Acey Deucey"

Status
Not open for further replies.