What's on the Bench 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Time to start a new thread for showing what you're building.
If one of those kind gentlemen, the moderators could close the old thread to new posts please.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Dust at the moment...!
I have Tamiyas 1 35 Panther G amongst plenty of other shelf queens!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nothing!

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Same for me for the moment. I’m technically still working on the JPK 120, but haven’t done anything about it since before Christmas. I got a mild case of COVID on Christmas day, took the better part of a week to get over it, and have been tinkering solely with stuff on my computer rather than with models since …

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Technically i have a model on the bench. But in reality there is a ton of rubbish with odd bits of plastic strewn in-between

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Same for me for the moment. I’m technically still working on the JPK 120, but haven’t done anything about it since before Christmas. I got a mild case of COVID on Christmas day, took the better part of a week to get over it, and have been tinkering solely with stuff on my computer rather than with models since …

Hope you're over the worst of the COVID Jakko. It's funny but I've spent most of the last two weeks tinkering on my computer too.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Did you get that crane workin' yet Chris?:rolling::tears-of-joy:;).....just bustin' yer chops pardner......she is lookin' mighty fine from this angle, keep it going and she'll be in the drink before you know what happened! :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Did you get that crane workin' yet Chris?:rolling::tears-of-joy:;).....just bustin' yer chops pardner......she is lookin' mighty fine from this angle, keep it going and she'll be in the drink before you know what happened! :thumb2:
HI Rick an what does( just bustin yer chops mean ) that you are windin me up yea ? lol as Rick i would love to have gotten that crane workin but for what it would do i just could not justyifi the exspence as it would have needed 2 servo an a mini ESC an all on different channels from the T/X as one would rotate the crane an another would pull the jib up an down an the MINI ESC an motor on a winch would also need its own channel to pull the the crane hook up an down an from ten feet away on the pond it would hardly be seen so a lot of exspence an work for hardly any return im afraid an yes ive seen it done on really big battle ships but then again you need to be close to see it all working
hope you understand my thoughts on this crane suject ?
chrisb

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yep...just windin' you up. Sounds like you have it all figured out. Just think of all the OOOOOOOooooo's and AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh's you'd get at the boat pond with that crane working and doing all those gyrations, lifting, booming, swinging etc......folks would be talking 'bout that for weeks! ;) :thumb2:........ I know it ain't economically feasable , but it sure would be fun to play with! Take care my friend and all the best to Jen.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Still working on 5 Fokker Dr.1s at the moment. After that I think I’m going to turn my attention to some 1/16 projects I‘ve had planned for some time. That said, Airfix’s 1/24 Spitfire Mk.IXc is calling to me and may jump the queue! Like Chris above, my projects tend to take years not months so the Dr.1s may be the only builds I finish in 2023. I do want to be more prolific though and hopefully post more too.
Here’s to a busy model making 2023
Cheers
P

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just looking at the crew for my 88 and thinking they look more like German Elite reversibles than white coveralls....
Just thinking about how much of said 88, I will need to butcher to get it "transport ready"
Just hoping I dont have to put it in either a dio or the parts bin.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Working on some cavalry at the moment. Once the horses are done I can start the emergency GB…..then I’ll do the riders before the next GB…

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just starting the equipment of the SS Grenadier; the Spitfire and Mosquito are languishing in the corner awaiting the return of the Great God WingyMojo, and it has come as something of a shock to realise I have several ~90-95% completed diorama projects outstanding (including the SdKfz7 with Howitzer and the Bergepanther recovery scenario) - I don't think there'll be any new unboxings for quite a while!
Steve

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Hope you're over the worst of the COVID Jakko.
All I have left is a worse cough than I did before — and that one was the remains of one I got last time I had COVID, in the second week of 2022.

this is on my bench an has been for the last 3 yrs
That’s staying power :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just waiting for the arc welding kit .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Still stuck with the Hurri base and bamboo.

Cheers,
Wabble

Status
Not open for further replies.