Which model gave you most satisfaction in 2019?

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
As the year is drawing to a close - which model you completed this year has given you the most satisfaction? - it may not be the best model, or the most expensive, but gave you a feeling of accomplishment when you finished it?
Name the model, scale, maker, and why....................
Two photographs only, so it doesn't turn into 'who has the best camera?'
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
My favourite model this year is the Trumpeter 1/35 Su-152 Self Propelled Howitzer..........fin 01.jpgfin 04.jpg
A well engineered model that was a real joy to make - no aftermarket parts, no filler, and it really captures the brutish lines of this Red Bruiser.
Dave

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4539

This would be mine for the year.
IJN Mikasa.
1/350 scale Hasegawa and Lion Roar detail set.
The reason why=I tried working on this while having an heart attack.Plus a guy drove all the way from Cardiff to purchase it from me.

DSCF5301.JPGDSCF5279.JPG

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
This is definitely mine.
Phoenix Models Imperial Grenadier, circa 1975, it's been unfinished and gathering serious dust for over 40 years , just waiting for a base, a retouch of the left eye and a repair to the bayonet.
Oh, and a bath!
I finally got around to it this year!
before;
Phoenix 54mm Imperial Guardsman (3).JPG
after:
Grenadier 2.jpg
cheers
Neil

D

Deleted member 6559

Probably this one:

100_5368.JPG

A number of reasons behind my choice. Firstly, it was a very 'modern' subject for me and opened my eyes to further possibilities in that area. Secondly, I wasn't expecting such a superbly engineered and sculpted kit - the detailing was something else. Thirdly, despite the camo and the black, I really enjoyed painting it.

D

Deleted member 7181

I guess it has to be my Revell 1/48 Spitfire.

My first ever model, completed 12/04 this year. There's a lot I would do differently if I built it again as I've learned so much since then, but as a first dip in the water I was proud as punch to finish it. It also set me on the exciting, but often frustrating journey this hobby holds, so for that it has to be my favourite.

nursyjA.jpg

KWGg21W.jpg

First Name
Andrew
This one is the only model I've finished this year. (Life has conspired against me to do much.) This just squeaked in, in the New Year and Mike Butler had done the hard work of painting him for me. I scratch-built much of the equipment, so there is a lot of my work apart from the base. Hopefully 2020 will be more constructive as I'm under contact to get a book submitted by September!

IMG_0920.JPG
This is a 54mm figure.
IMG_0914-001 (2).JPG
Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Had to check back as I didn’t think I’d done that many this year but surprisingly I’ve managed to complete 8! Theres no contest for me though, it has to be the SMER 1/40 scale FIAT cr42 caccia notturna for Alan’s nightfighter GB . The kit is ancient and quite basic , with no aftermarket available due to the weird scale ,so everything had to be enhanced / scratch built including the entire cockpit ,including seat belts . I also had to hand paint most of the markings as again - no aftermarket decals in this scale. A lot of faffing about but the satisfaction in getting a half decent result from a kit that dates from 1959 is great.DSCN3195.JPG5B036AE6-19CC-48D8-85A6-857C53E1203D.jpeg