Which model gave you most satisfaction in 2019?

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
For me, one build stands head and shoulders above the rest and chooses itself really - my scratch-built 1/350 HMS Prince of Wales - R09
pow_completed_024-jpg.365704

POW_Completed_019.jpg

For me, the most satisfying thing about the build was actually getting it ready in time for Telford. During the build I had the loss of my father to deal with and also suffered weeks of severe concussion and double vision which made construction "interesting", especially completing the islands with one eye shut! The reduced vision meant that I had to leave off PE railings and other fine detailing to meet the deadline but I am still happy with the result.

Dave

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Couple of 'firsts' here, and it is also the only model I've actually completed this year too.

First time I've put any pics on the forum, first 1/48 aircraft and first time I've painted anything with an airbrush.....

20191231_101947.jpg

20191231_101907.jpg

It's an Airfix Hurricane from their 'Ready For Battle' set. I'll probably need to improve my photo skills if I make a habit of this...

Nick

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
As it is the last day of 2019 I think that the models that have been posted as 'favourites' are superb, and show a wide range of subjects - which encouraged me!
Amongst all those are the 'firsts' - first model, first airbrush painted etc. - trying a new subject, or a new technique can be most satisfying. Never mind that it was the only model you finished, if it gives you a warm fuzzy glow, then you've succeeded! If you can take lessons forward, so much the better.
Whatever you make - enjoy it! It's a hobby, after all, no-one is hovering over your shoulder - if it's not working for you - move on to another model - or take a sabbatical!
Here endeth the lesson!
Best wishes & Happy Modelling in 2020!!
Dave