Zvezda BT-7 Soviet Light Tank 1/35

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do agree,as alot of kits should have even as you say a basic,turret.layout,as

a lot of people do like to leave the hatches open on there build, ;)

F

Fenlander

Bit more done, it really is slow progress but I am really enjoying the stress free modelling, six months ago this would have been in the bin. Now, I just put some classical music on and plod along with a smile on my face :smiling3:

First up, the barrel. I realised there would be problems right from when it arrived. As the barrel is for a few variants, it was not the simple straight replacement option. I would have had to cut of some of the plastic barrel and drill down just over 6mm to fit the metal barrel in for the shape to line up. This wasn't an option as the chances of drilling that far but leaving a slightly less than 1mm wall was beyond me. So, I actually cut down the barrel length then used a length of plastic pipe for the rear section. This has a brass tube superglued into it. I then drilled the back of the metal barrel to take a length of paper clip which slips into the brass tube in the plastic tube o_O. Hope you are still with me and this is the final result.

image_26.jpe

Next up, a couple of PE bits on the turret top to add a bit of detail.

image_27.jpe

Really bad seam under the rear turret sticky out bit. Lots of sanding and filling to be done?

image_29.jpe

Naaaa, Eduard are on the case with a really nicely detailed plate to cover it. Never be seen again when the model is complete but a nice touch.

image_28.jpe

A photo etch rear turret door is on and the top hatch has its hinges on so the turret is ready for internal painting. Not be long now and I will be starting the tracks.....

D

Deleted member 4539

Loving it Graham.

Thanks for the explanation about the barrel.

Eduard seem to think of everything. That plate covering the seem is excellent.