Zvezda BT-7 Soviet Light Tank 1/35

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Thx for reply, just out of curiosity, how much it cost the BT-7? ...:rolleyes:
I think it was about £18 but if there is a new tool Tamiya due out, I would go for that.

J

John Rixon

As far as I remember, it even has a die to mould the PE exhaust grill into shape! Looks lush

F

Fenlander

Enough for today. It has been a fun few days off work and I may get a bit more done over the weekend depending on another bigger project, more of which later.

Anyway, engine grill PE is in as are two PE louvres that are under it, I doubt you will see them. The grill mesh is so fine it will be an issue not to clog it with paint! Exhausts cut down and rolled PE end pipes fitted and tat is that for the moment. Really been slow doing the grill and exhaust, hopefully pick up a bit more speed at the next session. Thanks for watching and commenting :smiling3:

image_17.jpe

F

Fenlander

\ said:
As far as I remember, it even has a die to mould the PE exhaust grill into shape! Looks lush
It needs it, been a pig getting this mesh in especially as the frame is soooo fragile.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good so far well done on the exhaust grill,looks good, ;)

C

chris2681

Think ol Grumpa has a spare one of these in the closet , might have to do it when Im done with a few other projects Im in the middle of. Looks good so far , I will be checking in on this one.

First Name
Robert
I'm in on this one ( I like the idea of a Russian tank with English heritage running gear!!!

Not too late to pull the chair up ?

Robert

F

Fenlander

\ said:
I'm in on this one ( I like the idea of a Russian tank with English heritage running gear!!!
Not too late to pull the chair up ?

Robert
Never too late, did you bring beer? Maybe nibbles? ;) The Soviets loved the Christie, he was American by the way, suspension and it still is, much modified, in use in many tanks as it gives a longer travel than torsion bar.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Never too late, did you bring beer? Maybe nibbles? ;) The Soviets loved the Christie, he was American by the way, suspension and it still is, much modified, in use in many tanks as it gives a longer travel than torsion bar.
I have a couple of Tamiya kits in my stash ( Centaur ) and Crowell ( both I think have the Christie suspension system

F

Fenlander

Not much done today, prepped the wheels and sprayed the tyres, attached the front fenders and made the firs photo etch box to fit over the radiators. This is in five pieces three of which are mesh. This replaces a open sided plastic box and is well worth the effort. The next one will have to wait as my eyes have had enough o_O

Glued top on and added blanking plates inside so that you cannot see through the hull and sprayed black inside.

image_18.jpe

First Name
Robert
Ohhh nice rivot detail ( lots to weather up ) but if under wheels prob not seen eh

Good progress

Robert