Zvezda BT-7 Soviet Light Tank 1/35

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Not much done today, prepped the wheels and sprayed the tyres, attached the front fenders and made the firs photo etch box to fit over the radiators. This is in five pieces three of which are mesh. This replaces a open sided plastic box and is well worth the effort. The next one will have to wait as my eyes have had enough o_O
Glued top on and added blanking plates inside so that you cannot see through the hull and sprayed black inside.

View attachment 144191
That's looking great Graham.

F

Fenlander

Cheers guys. Back to work today but managed a bit of time at the bench. Built and added the second radiator covers and the side fenders. Slowly but surely getting there.

image_1.jpe

F

Fenlander

\ said:
which bt-7?:confused:, iI would like to see :D , cheers
Have a search on YouTube for Harry Houdini he is building this kit on there a lot better than I am lol

F

Fenlander

Three hours tonight and only rear fenders, rear box and four external fuel tanks added on the fenders. It's been a struggle I have to admit. One piece lost to the carpet monster but if it had asked nicely, it could have had the lot!o_O

The eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted I had done the rolled PE exhaust pipes wrong. If no one had noticed, please ignore this confession :oops:. Anyway, I have now corrected them and added what I can only describe as PE caps over the raised suspension sticky up things either side of the rear engine grill.......

image_20.jpe

F

Fenlander

\ said:
That's a good looking bt 7 graham is it going in a diorama?
Scott
Nothing in mind at the moment Scott, may do a small scenic base for it. Will decide when I have completed the initial paint job ;)

F

Fenlander

Right, a bit of an update.

Started work on the turret.

1C4E03E5-BCFB-4A48-87A6-1C848CEC5095.jpg

This model is not designed to have the hatches open as the interior is devoid of anything you would want to see. What it does have in it are two mould release pegs which have to come out as the photo etch has some basic detail to go in there.

B7073791-53E4-4EC6-82FE-67B75467AF22.jpg

Enter my favourite tool for this sort of work.

This is a slow running battery operated foot thingy that my better halves late Mother gave me years ago, unused I hasten to add.

3A144590-002D-4B35-9630-610C927A0B17.jpg

Because it is slow running it produces little heat and can shift plastic in a nice controlled way. The big flat disks I have never used but the three rotary files get used a lot.

Anyway, soon makes short work of the big sticky out pegs just needs a quick tidy up with a sanding stick.

97D5988D-D695-4EA9-AD58-037BC8E94CAB.jpg

The rear of the gun as the kit would have you see

image_23.jpe

A bit of photo etch later, including rolling a tube for the rear of the barrel.

image_22.jpe

And a couple of ammo racks to go on each of the turret sides. Not all of these would be used if depicting the command vehicle as per box art with antennae around the turret but, oddly, they do not give you the radios to fit instead. I never intended that great loop aerial going on anyway so not an issue.

image_21.jpe

And, at last, it is starting to look a bit tank like :smiling3:

image_24.jpe

image_25.jpe

D

Deleted member 4539

You're doing a fine job with this Graham.

It's starting to look the part. :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's looking really very good Graham.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I like;) Actually the tank Chris is referring to is a BT5, a previous model

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along very nicely Graham,do like the interior of the turret. ;)