1/16 IWW German Stormtrooper

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter.
Mr Stormzy looks super my friend.Nice tones as usual from you.Hope the Sinus infections not laying you too low.My teeth really play up when i get it.
Hope you get better soon.
Richard.

B

Brad9826

Nice work as always Peter as Richard said great subtle tones.

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Glad you approve. A good walk by the sea yesterday seems to have cleared the sinuses somewhat, thanks.

Brad - Why is it that I find this business harder as I go along?

Ralph - Thank you my man.

D

Deleted member 6559

That's all for today:

100_4411.JPG100_4410.JPG

I've now added some of the equipment. I put the entrenching tool at the front, as the ammo pouch I'd prepared for that position didn't work out. Although it would slightly encumber his movements, I've decided that his sharpened spade is his favourite weapon and he keeps it handy.

I also added the gas mask canister at this stage so that I could make the strap and hang some of the grenades from it. I wasn't sure beforehand if the arrangement would work out, so I wanted to try it before deciding where to put the rest of the equipment.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very nice Mr.D.Think the 2 Stormzys together will look rather nice.Must sort out some more spares as i still have fair bit around begging for a new home in Kent!!.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - I have used the Goering figure before and I think he'll make a nice field officer this time. Less work to do on the clothing, but things like a belt need adding. And if you are having a clear-out, all donations very gratefully received!

Scottie - Very kind of you. Thanks for looking in.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
This is looking very good, Peter- I do like the work you did on the creases on the tunic. The pairing sounds like an excellent idea too :thumb2:
Neil

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Neil. I'm not entirely happy with the tunic, hence my covering it with equipment. I have another couple of cross-straps to add which should push it back a bit.

D

Deleted member 4539

It is all looking good to me Peter.:smiling2:
sometimes we are our own worst critic :thinking:.
I have a few 120mm bits and pieces spare if you want them.PM me.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Peter - good job, I particularly like the wooden handles of the grenades and entrenching tool.

Peter

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter
Like the vignette idea, and both repurposed flyers too.
It should spark the imagination and I'd a home for all the equipment you had out aside.
Have you ever painted one of the flyers heads?
I seem to remember they always get replaced?
Does the Herman figure look like him?
Have a good day with the paints.
Stuck on the bus, some motoring/roadworks disaster, somewhere!
Regards.
Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - The light is particularly good at the moment, but that also has the disadvantage of showing up the weak points.

Peter - Thanks. The colour of the handles is based on Vallejo Japanese Uniform, believe it or not.

Steve - Morning (actually afternoon now, sorry). The Miniart German Aces heads are absolutely terrible, some of the worst I've seen anywhere. I don't know about a resemblance to the subjects; they don't even resemble human beings! Should get this finished today.

D

Deleted member 6559

The first chap's done:

100_4414.JPG100_4415.JPG100_4417.JPG100_4418.JPG

I will add some weathering when both figures are on the base.

More equipment to add today and a lot of straps and buckles to make. Richard had already done a great job painting the MP18, so I just finished it off and touched it up in a couple of places. I've also given him a cigar to hold in his right hand.

Now waiting on the delivery of the second figure......

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Wouter.

Hopefully, the next figure will arrive tomorrow. Currently sorting out equipment, heads etc.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow thats a cracker Mr.D.
Really has come together nicely mate,The MP18 really looks good on this one,Equipment really sets off the whole thing with all the various colour tones.
Great stuff Carruthers.
Richard