1/16 US Tankers Vignette

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

John - Cheers.

Steve - Fun to do, but quite difficult too - a good resin kit is a whole different ball-game. As for bananas, I used some of ours in a Thai chickpea and potato curry - the recipe calls for a tablespoon of sugar, so the banana is a healthier substitute. Have fun in the sun.

Neil - I'm having fun with this one. Trying to learn from the box-art as well, though I'll never be a Man-Jin Kim.

D

Deleted member 6559

Very kind Neil, but I'm a million miles away from that guy's work.

The first figure is finished:

100_7042.JPG100_7044.JPG100_7046.JPG100_7045.JPG

This session I painted the legs, and painted and added the holster and left hand holding the rest of the gun.

Brad hasn't turned up yet, so there may be a slight delay before the thread continues.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Many thanks.

Scottie - Very kind of you. Thank you.

First Name
Andy
As Scottie says, running out of words to describe your skill with figures.

Andy.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Late start due to delivery preparations as its an open ended delivery schedule 10-6 at anytime, but better than nothing!

Hopefully the bananas will survive, though the curry receipe sounds delicious too.

I watched a You Tube last night of Man-Jin Kim painting this figure and it was fascinating.

You should take pride in your work which is of such a high standard, and though different to Kim's isn't any lower, in my opinion.

Monet isn't Picasso who isn't Da Vinci etc, that's why art is so interesting as its so diverse.

I think your work is just as good and I am not ashamed to be subjective and prejudiced either!

Another super figure, the front of the cabinet will not be wide enough with your current work.

It going to be another hot day, after lunch anyway.

I might do some more tidying in the garage, once its all done I can forget it and get back to something more interesting

Have a good day, on the next victim

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Those words are enough - thank you.

Steven - Many thanks also,

Steve B - Many thanks also also!

Steve H - Man-Jin is God! How he manages to get the striped pattern in the trousers is beyond me. His standard is something to aim towards. I am quite pleased with how this one has turned out, if that appeases your confidence in me.

More nanas eh! Good to get the potassium into your body - heart etc. Hope the delivery goes well.

I'm awaiting delivery of Brad and the ingredients for the base. If they don't turn up today, I may make a start on something else.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

My tent is unpacked waiting for the Brad figure LOL

Hopefully next week and already book marked for reference

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Still no sign of it Steve, so working on a bust instead (new thread started).

D

Deleted member 6559

Brad has turned up:

100_7055.JPG100_7056.JPG

A pretty amazing figure. The head is spot on.

I also received these photo etched ammo crates in real wood from SLS, part of Peddinghause:

100_7057.JPG

Looks like they should be fun.

I'll get on with these once I've finished my Luftwaffe bust.

D

Deleted member 6559

Back to Brad, and a quick 10 minutes and he's built and ready for painting:

100_7065.JPG

Really excited by this - it's a beautiful sculpt.

R

RichardMo

really like the face as alway's . the jacket is superb
RICK.