1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 (JV44 Hunters and Protectors Project)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
And so the very long process of adding wires, pipes, brackets and linkages begins. This will take a while now. I'm trying to build up the layers of of it all in some sort of order so i'm not having to go back and add details that are under something else and risk breaking it.

IMG_2787.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good luck Al.

I assume there are lots of good reference pics for this?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Good luck Al.

I assume there are lots of good reference pics for this?

Yes there is. Obviously there are search engines but i found a page where a person called Chris Wimmer took detailed pictures of the Jumo 004 engine. It's not fully comprehensive but it's a great starting place

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
This really is a cut above the norm Al. Very well done indeed!!

ATB

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
The wiring/tubing is looking really good Alan!!! Looks like it will be fun to paint it all too. Thanks for the Jumo link. I never found any when I did my BMW-003e, only a couple of pics...

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Really raising the bar with this. I'm impressed with your patience and dedication. Looking stunning.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great Jumo detailing Alan. Keep up the great work it’ll look stunning when finished.
All the best
Paul

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Excellent work Al, give yourself a big pat on the back

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks like it will be fun to paint it all too

Think i have got that sorted. I was worried about trying to paint the pipes and getting it on parts that i didn't want it to. But i found that i can slip kitchen grease proof paper under the individual pipes to protect the engine surface and paint them that way. Saves much swearing me thinks :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Think i have got that sorted. I was worried about trying to paint the pipes and getting it on parts that i didn't want it to. But i found that i can slip kitchen grease proof paper under the individual pipes to protect the engine surface and paint them that way. Saves much swearing me thinks :smiling3:

Sounds like a plan Alan. You can also use strips of index cards. They are thick enough so the paint won't soak through them. Keeps the swear jar empty too!!!...

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. I thought about the greaseproof paper as it's thinner than most other things and i can wipe clean and re-use lol

Reactions: JR

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I'm actually enjoying thinking outside of the box on this build. Obviously many details are missing from the Revell mold due to it not being seen afterwards (unless like me, you are opening it all up). So i've had to try and think how to make certain things like pumps and blanking plates. My latest one was this blanking plate on the rear of the exhaust cone. I have nothing i can use to make circular items other than a paper hole punch. Not really any use. But then i had an idea. The mold tabs that i cut off were just about the size i wanted. So after slicing off a little bit from the tab, i've glued it to the cone and can now lightly sand down to the thickness i need.

So basically what i am trying to say is that we don't always need to go out and buy extra items/supplies. They are sitting there right in front of you waiting to go into the recycling bin

IMG_2795.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just a slight 'attention to detail' bit that isn't really needed but here it is. I've added the exhaust temperature and pressure sensor probes. As you can see. Not much is visible when the exhaust guide is fitted. But they'll be there at least lol

IMG_2796.JPGIMG_2797.JPG