1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 (JV44 Hunters and Protectors Project)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
You've already done more work on this, than I put on my whole Mossie!!

Great work Alan.

ATB

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Andrew & Steve. I'm hoping to get a bit more of done with this in the next week. I've graciously been allowed to take 5 days off from Monday and hopefully SWMBO will allow me some bench time too.

Got some wild coffee making planned too lol

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Cheers Andrew & Steve. I'm hoping to get a bit more of done with this in the next week. I've graciously been allowed to take 5 days off from Monday and hopefully SWMBO will allow me some bench time too.

Got some wild coffee making planned too lol

Good to hear about the leave Allen. I know you have been working hard. Hope the weather holds up for you.....I hear it was a bit breezy your way a earlier this week. Down here it's surprisingly mild - more like mid-March temperatures.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Tad cold fir wild coffee Al, might freeze in the mug lol

Lovely progress too!!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
This really is a slow process. The kit is obviously designed to certain tolerances and adding pipework probably wasn't factored into Revell's design remit. It is taking me about an hour just to get one pipe molded to the engine and around the other pipes. They are going over and under each other which makes it even harder. It would be easier to use lead wire but one knock and it would all be out of shape again. The pipes 'ping' off every so often and then it's like a jigsaw to rebuild it all again. The swear jar is getting to overflowing level. Still, I'm happy(ish) with it so far. Still loads to do and then to strip it all down and paint. But i think it'll be worth it when slung under the wing with the panels off.

IMG_2760.JPG

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
No worries Alan, that engine will be a piece of art on the finished model, worth every hour you spend on it :thumb2:. Have fun!