1:35 Dragon 6287 88mm Flak 37 (build version: 37, transport, extended shield)

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
They (8.8 & zwilling) are available in 1/87. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Haven't found a state side source for 12.8 zwielling. Pardon the intrusion Christian.
Your build is looking great so far. Cheers, Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry Christian, we get a little wound up sometimes. You're certainly doing this excellent model justice with a clean & tight build. PaulE

Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I like clean and tight builds and you're doing great Christian...don't mind the Rabble :tears-of-joy: ...everyones a creative director of some sort or you could say we dream a lot.

Cheers,
Richard

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
No problem, guys. I wasn't that bothered by the scenarios, just thought I would not be doing it. Suggestions and input are always welcome!

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Step 9 and thus the gun itself completed :smiling4: So far, it has been an almost entirely troublefree build with no guesswork. The placement of seat D21 on C29 had me wondering how far I should push the seat pin in, but I just decided to put it all the way and it seems to sit just fine. When the round mount is put underneath, I can cut a bit of the pin off without it being noticeable if I have to. Note! You should place C5 before C28 onto the gun, but I managef to squeeze C5 in behind it anyway.

It is definitely looking awesome and detailed! Well done, Dragon of 2005!

IMG_0984.JPG

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Status of the build. Next: Legs! This is a great looking model indeed, and I am glad I got past the intimidation of tackling the instructions. Things are much easier than they seem, to be sure!IMG_0985.JPG
IMG_0986.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Won't that be fun to paint! Lots of nooks and crannies to work around when it comes to the wet stuff. BTW, nice looking Ford Maultier I spied in the back ground. Hope you post that when you get it done. Cheers, Rick H.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Won't that be fun to paint! Lots of nooks and crannies to work around when it comes to the wet stuff. BTW, nice looking Ford Maultier I spied in the back ground. Hope you post that when you get it done. Cheers, Rick H.
Unluckily, I lost the engine hood for the Maultier :sad: Now, I am not sure how to finish it.

I paint using spray cans, then brushed for details and wash, so I am not at all troubled by the detail level here ;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The placement of seat D21 on C29 had me wondering how far I should push the seat pin in, but I just decided to put it all the way and it seems to sit just fine.
I’m not sure, but I wouldn’t consider it impossible that the seat is on a screw thread so it can be raised or lowered a bit. (I checked the American Tech Manual for these guns in the hopes it would have a picture that happened to show this detail, but unfortunately not.)

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I’m not sure, but I wouldn’t consider it impossible that the seat is on a screw thread so it can be raised or lowered a bit. (I checked the American Tech Manual for these guns in the hopes it would have a picture that happened to show this detail, but unfortunately not.)
Jakko, I could imagine something like that, too. Thanks!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Unluckily, I lost the engine hood for the Maultier :sad: Now, I am not sure how to finish it.

If it is still being manufactured then email them and see if you can get a replacement part

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Or just build it with the hood off and show off that nice little flathead V8 that should be part of the kit. Cheers, Rick H.

• Love

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
If it is still being manufactured then email them and see if you can get a replacement part
I should try that. Havn't attempted with ICM before. Mirage from Poland sent a replacement part straight away. Dragon does not send replacement parts, I conclude based on my own and others' correlating experiences.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Or just build it with the hood off and show off that nice little flathead V8 that should be part of the kit. Cheers, Rick H.
I built the engine, too. Can take a picture later. I usually build my vehicles so any hood can be lifted off for viewing, but I am not sure how I feel about doing without it entirely. It might make sense if it was never on a railcar, but as a war museum exhibit.