1:35 Dragon 6287 88mm Flak 37 (build version: 37, transport, extended shield)

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I met the t-shirt monster last night when building that leg, actually :confused: Spent 15 minutes turning on lights and crawling on the wooden floor before I got the good sense to pull my shirt over my head to see if the small hook part was stuck there.

Below, check out a picture of the beautiful and detailed wheel screens :smiling:

IMG_1003.JPG

So many parts still left:

IMG_1002.JPG

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice progress, I have the Tamyia version part built I will get back to it one day.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This does look to be a nice kit. Being very well built I must add!

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Thanks, guys! I definitely appreciate the encouragement.

More to follow below!

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Side legs, folded up for transport mode. No problems here, except more worries sbout having a visible seam, since the side legs will be standing straight up and probably be very visible...

IMG_1005.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Lego Dragon ;) Something I think this company does very consistently is making pieces which fit into each other in one way only, making the risk of error quite low. This is a very simple method, and yet I feel other companies do not practice this the wholehearted way Dragon does it. Weighs up the sometimes unclear instructions this company is also known for.

IMG_1007.JPG

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
The support, with lots of details, yet simple to just build up one step at a time - definitely enjoyable to work with.

IMG_1012.JPGIMG_1013.JPGIMG_1014.JPGIMG_1015.JPG

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Side legs, folded up for transport mode. No problems here, except more worries sbout having a visible seam, since the side legs will be standing straight up and probably be very visible...
There wasn’t a seam there on the real gun, a quick look at some photos tells me, and those parts look like they have a very obvious one, yes. My suggestion would be to get the filler out :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Beautiful build Christian, bit completely beyond me looking as those instructions.
Did cheer me up to read that some parts will only fit the right way. !

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
There wasn’t a seam there on the real gun, a quick look at some photos tells me, and those parts look like they have a very obvious one, yes. My suggestion would be to get the filler out :smiling3:
I am actually crap with filler - I have only used Vallejo Plastic Putty so far, and I am just not good at it. It usually just scrapes right off, even the next day. I am a bit uneasy with what to do about that. I do not use oil-based products or the like.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Beautiful build Christian, bit completely beyond me looking as those instructions.
Did cheer me up to read that some parts will only fit the right way. !

Thanks! Yeah, Dragon is really good like that.

D

Deleted member 7181

I am actually crap with filler - I have only used Vallejo Plastic Putty so far, and I am just not good at it. It usually just scrapes right off, even the next day. I am a bit uneasy with what to do about that. I do not use oil-based products or the like.
I've had exactly the same issues with the Vallejo one. I try and avoid using it whenever I can, although it's handy if you just want to pop it in, smooth out with a damp cotton bud, and never have to go near it with sandpaper!

I much prefer either an automotive solvent acrylic putty (Lechler Spat-O-Rapid), or Mr White Putty where a decent amount of filling is required. Really small gaps and seams get a coat or two of Mr Surfacer 500, which is more like a thick primer that can be brushed on.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
The tips are appreciated. I will try and see if maybe I can find some of these products and give them a go. Filler is a rather important tool!

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I agree Christian, not seeing it has been done is the secret, if you find out please let me know.
I'm like Andy, I've started to use Mr Surfacer 500, esp on figures where the slightest amount can be needed and everything else seems far to thick .

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Re the Vallejo putty, I find that the only way to have reasonable success on large flat places is to very lightly sand the surface befor applying the filler and sometimes applying it in two or three coats each one smoothed over a bit befor the next. I use it mainly for small cracks and seams. Call me old fashioned but I still use Humbrol's grey toothpaste of doom- yes it smells, but i thin it with cellulose anyway. When fully cured the stuff sands up very well and can be hard to find if the kit is in the same colour Plastic. lol.

Looking at the shape the beams have I would imagine there are welds. Where they are though? No idea.