1/35 MB MODELS GERMAN WITH A BIKE.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The bike brings back memories of the one I did for the Quad. Your a brave man to take on the build as they are not easy to put together. With the figure it really does look the part. You must be very pleased with the way it has turned out.Good luck with the wet stuff mate
Thanks again Steve.
Not any paint done on the bike of figure, but have been concentrating on the base and building. Yesterday evening had a really good session doing the roof, firstly I cut some joist ends, glued those to the timber wall plate, fitted a plastic sheet sheet to those and finely out came the PEWTER.
I want it to be a rusty metal roof, I've found one on photo library but can't copy and past as its a pay to use site.
Its had its first coat of MR Hobby Metal Primer and a light grey base.
Windows are next to do.

2019_5.jpg

2019_6.jpg

2019_7.jpg

That's it for now, off to look for some Polish spelling for the shop sign.

Thanks for looking in.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John this is coming together very very well like this one a lot, you must have patience of a saint to put the bike together.
Pete.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John,
Sorry missed this up till now, Great work on the bike and the building like all your others looks the nuts.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yep! thats the one. still looking for it lol.
Great effort John considering you have a permanent war with etch.
Mike.
Yes I do , but some how I managed this reasonably well , just don't look too hard .

I like the look of that, John, and well done for going for a figure!
Neil, yes getting braver, no hacking of limbs I'm afraid .

Looks good John :smiling3:.
Thanks Ralph.
Sorry I missed replying the other day when you were good enough to comment .
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The bike brings back memories of the one I did for the Quad. Your a brave man to take on the build as they are not easy to put together. With the figure it really does look the part. You must be very pleased with the way it has turned out.Good luck with the wet stuff mate
I just have been in the right frame of mind that day Steve. When I saw that etch sheet my excitement drew to a close. But taking my time and being determined not to be beaten , well nearly but not quite :smiling3: How on earth anyone is supposed to get the brake lever fitted is beyond me .
Nice work John, the start of another great piece.
Hopefully so Mick, thanks for looking in .
Hi John,
Sorry missed this up till now, Great work on the bike and the building like all your others looks the nuts.

No prob Paul, thank you for the kind comment.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Got all out of order with the replies, missed a few of the first page and all hell breaks out with the postings! .
Hi John
Shop is looking good. Just love that bike.
How about "sklep modelarski" :rolling: :tongue-out3:
Jim
Don't think plastic model kits were even thought of then Jim :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
Have though checked for Bakery and have written out the name in Polish using the type set of the time, hopefully it will look realistic .
Hi John this is coming together very very well like this one a lot, you must have patience of a saint to put the bike together.
Pete.
Pete, there were several attempts at the PE, and a lot of Anglo Saxon used in getting it to fit ! The main problem was the lack of plastic to actually glue anything to.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Thanks again Steve.
Not any paint done on the bike of figure, but have been concentrating on the base and building. Yesterday evening had a really good session doing the roof, firstly I cut some joist ends, glued those to the timber wall plate, fitted a plastic sheet sheet to those and finely out came the PEWTER.
I want it to be a rusty metal roof, I've found one on photo library but can't copy and past as its a pay to use site.
Its had its first coat of MR Hobby Metal Primer and a light grey base.
Windows are next to do.

View attachment 363879

View attachment 363880

View attachment 363881

That's it for now, off to look for some Polish spelling for the shop sign.

Thanks for looking in.
John,
Get the photo on your screen and then take a pic with your phone, bit like doing a screen print - then you can put it on your pc. HTH.
Mike

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Going up another level with this one John. Liking the way it's shaping up. Keep up the great work mate

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Get the photo on your screen and then take a pic with your phone, bit like doing a screen print - then you can put it on your pc. HTH.
Mike
Hi Mike, yes understand , thanks good idea.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening from Race Towers. A very damp day with rain , but still managed to get in to the garden !

Seeing what Rick ( MiniMe) had acheived with his kitchen truck, and how he had opened it up gave me the idea to show the inside of the shop window.

I'd tried to place some drawn shelves with loaves on but they just looked flat.
Cutting out the window and just leaving enough foam board around the edge to support the plastic sheet and frame I made an internal shelf unit. Glued some coffee stirrers to make the shelves, including a front lipping .

Searching in the fridge I retrieved some Milliput and made a batch of loaves for the shelves. Also cut a slot in the top of the internal unit to let some natural light in .
Finally made up the openers for the windows.
IMG_20191123_172456153.jpg

IMG_20191123_172527718.jpg

IMG_20191123_172532204.jpg

Comments always welcome, constructive or abusive.:smiling5::upside:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see the added detail in the window. Some wonderful baking going on there. Its nice to see you haven't burnt them either. Permission to carry on LOL

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice to see the added detail in the window. Some wonderful baking going on there. Its nice to see you haven't burnt them either. Permission to carry on LOL
Hi Steve, thanks, no nothing being or going to be burnt on this, but see the Tiger dio !!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just an update on this, moving along ok, .
I hadn't primed the pe this time and as you will see the primer has failed to take, so will have to do that section again.

Made up the "bread " using Milliput, didn't have to paint as i'd rolled on some smeared paint by mistake !

2019_12.jpg
PIEKARNA is bakery.

2019_13.jpg
The foam board at the front was textured with a small brass brush, then when Id painted the soil colour I flattened the area in front of the door.

2019_14.jpg

The door was dry brushed with a lighter mix of paint.

2019_15.jpg

Using dry lining adhesive certainly gives the best finish , far smoother than any wall filler. The final texture is done with a soft sanding pad of 220 grit, not pressed just a very light sanding. When the surface coat is applied I do it with a dabbing motion, this gives the worn look as when the knife is lifted as it naturally removes some of the coating.The cracks are done with a variety of needles , knife blade, sharp and pointy small tools.
Where the gaps were big enough I removed some of the material and impressed the surface. To make them more prominent I use a very thin wash of black , the darker wall under the roof was done using a black pastel, just a light drag.

2019_16.jpg
I can see a hole opposite the window that will need attention.

2019_18.jpg

Don't know where to put the bike for the final, position, but here you can see how the spokes haven't taken the primer.

2019_19.jpg

Hans is looking in the window at those loaves.

2019_20.jpg

Or this position

2019_20SHOP 2.jpg

2019_22.jpg

When that colour appeared after rolling it in that old paint I was quite chuffed, esp with the dots and streaks.
Had to use some matt varnish to hold them in place, pigment binder didn't work . That slight shine doesn't show through the window.

Thanks for looking.